Major IP mess up

Bill

Big problems today for thousands of BT users right across the country as a failure deep within BT central caused many static (fixed) IP address's to revert back to dynamic (variable). The problem was rectified just after 9am but for a couple of hours it caused havoc especially for business users.

We have thousands of taxi drivers using PDA (mobile Internet) devices that suddenly couldn't log on to get their work so for a while our phones were buzzing. Thank goodness it was a one off event.

Bill :)

Wouldn't have blamed them if they did given the amount of profit that BT has made over the years :lol:

Bill... why do taxi drivers have to rely ion internet supported PDA's ? What's wrong with Sat Navs, road maps or just having the 'knowledge' to know where they are going :wink::lol:

No it's not quite like that. The PDA's act as mobile data terminals useing the Internet instead of taxi radios. All the jobs and status information are sent back and forth so that the base can keep tabs on all the cars movements and what they're doing.

It's all pretty Hi Tec stuff these days but if someone kicks the plug out, it all falls over big time. Least with the old fashioned method, the worst that could happen would be for your pen to run out of ink! :lol::lol::lol:

Bill :)

The poor cash strapped BT sent us an e-mail at the office today, informing us that if we wanted to leave BT Broadband (even after 12 months) that we would have to pay. This is their latest policy.

Talk about greed. Companies have you all roads these days. :twisted::evil::twisted::evil:

What do they say you have to pay for :roll:

I know where I'd tell them to stick it and I don't think they can do it anyway unless it's in your original contract and even so there are probably ways around it :wink:

I can't see BT getting many new customers signing up if there is a charge for leaving after the end of the contracted period.... maybe BT want to go bust :shock:

I'm sure all the other internet service providers will soon start warning people about BT's latest 'rules' :wink:

We?re also making a change to your BT Total Broadband terms and conditions. The change relates to the Broadband Cease Charge. This is a charge that may be applied in a small number of circumstances. From 12th June 2009, the charge will be increased from ?18.11 to ?25 (prices inc VAT). To find out more about the charge, when it?s applied and why we?re doing this, please go to www.bt.com/ceasecharge

The charge won't apply to most people.It only applies if you don't do the correct migration process,so you've only yourself to blame if you get charged.