Burtonwood Beauty Pageant

imelda2r

I was wondering if any recognizes anyone on this photo. It was taken about July 1951 at Burtonwood. I would love to hear from you if you know any of these girls.

SORRY.......I can't find out how to include the photo. Can someone please tell me how. :oops:

Thanks.

Imelda

You need to have the photo hosted somewhere and then using the img button insert it as a link.

There are plenty of free hosting websites which allow you to display pictures.

I was wondering if any recognizes anyone on this photo. It was taken about July 1951 at Burtonwood. I would love to hear from you if you know any of these girls.

SORRY.......I can't find out how to include the photo. Can someone please tell me how. :oops:

Thanks.

Imelda

You need to have the photo hosted somewhere and then using the img button insert it as a link.

O.K. Here goes ..........

I uploaded pictures onto photobucket but I'm still not sure if I am doing it right. I'm just not that swift with the computer and no one available to help.

Let's see if this works.

blossom3ruploads.photobucket.com

Thanks.

Imelda

O.K. Here goes ..........

I uploaded pictures onto photobucket but I'm still not sure if I am doing it right. I'm just not that swift with the computer and no one available to help.

Let's see if this works.

blossom3ruploads.photobucket.com

I GIVE UP.............That didn't work. :x

Hi Imelda2r

Try this

In PhotoBucket go to your photo.

Put your mouse pointer over your photo and 4 boxes will appear underneath it.

They are

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

To the right of each you will see a box with text code in it

Click your mouse pointer on the text code in the box to the RIGHT of IMG Code and the text in it will be highlighted blue.

You then need to COPY this text by going to the top left of your screen and clicking Edit then Copy (or by pressing CTRL then C on your keyboard)

Then go into Warrington Worldwide forum and PASTE the copied text into your post by using Edit then Paste from the menu bar (or CTRL then V on your keyboard).

That's how I do it anyway :wink:

Hi Imelda2r

Try this

They are

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

Click your mouse pointer on the text code in the box to the RIGHT of IMG Code and the text in it will be highlighted blue.

You then need to COPY this text by going to the top left of your screen and clicking Edit then Copy (or by pressing CTRL then C on your keyboard)

Then go into Warrington Worldwide forum and PASTE the copied text into your post by using Edit then Paste from the menu bar (or CTRL then V on your keyboard).

Thanks Dismayed,

I'm pretty tired right now, and have just had a glass of wine

so.............................will try your suggestion tomorrow when I return from an appointment............With this old noggin though, I'm not sure I can accomplish the task, But I will give it the "Old School Try'" Thanks for the advice......Actually I tried to send it to myself today via a different email addy. NO LUCK ! This old dog just won't give up.

Hi Imelda2r

Try this

They are

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

Thanks Dismayed,

so.............................will try your suggestion tomorrow when I return from an appointment............With this old noggin though, I'm not sure I can accomplish the task, But I will give it the "Old School Try'" Thanks for the advice......Actually I tried to send it to myself today via a different email addy. NO LUCK ! This old dog just won't give up.

Here goes....I've followed your directions let's see if it works. The album is PUBLIC

02-19-2008105543AM.jpg

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Hope you'r not too dissapointed with the photos after all this. But remember......This was 58 years ago, long before most of you were a twinkle in your dad's eye. The girls wore very little makeup if any. No implants, dental veneers, or false eyelashes. The winner was the only American girl in the contest, and the deciscion was quite controversial. Everyone thought the the girl second from the left should have won. She was statuesque and looked stunning in her swimsuit. I wish I could find their names in case anyone recognises them. The winner was the short dark haired one fourth from the left.

Hi Imelda2r

Try this

They are

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

Thanks Dismayed,

Here goes....I've followed your directions let's see if it works. The album is PUBLIC

02-19-2008105543AM.jpg

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Hope you'r not too dissapointed with the photos after all this. But remember......This was 58 years ago, long before most of you were a twinkle in your dad's eye. The girls wore very little makeup if any. No implants, dental veneers, or false eyelashes. The winner was the only American girl in the contest, and the deciscion was quite controversial. Everyone thought the the girl second from the left should have won. She was statuesque and looked stunning in her swimsuit. I wish I could find their names in case anyone recognises them. The winner was the short dark haired one fourth from the left.

FANTASTIC....Thanks Dismayed, Would you believe that is the first time I have ever been able to paste and copy. I am just so thrilled :D

Here is the picture of the winner:02-19-2008111942AM.jpg

Hi Imelda2r

Try this

They are

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

Thanks Dismayed,

02-19-2008105543AM.jpg

P.S. If anyone is interested, they can get the names of the contestants from the Warrington Newspaper (?) July 1951 .

You never know.... One of these girls could be your Grannie