King says sorry

Gary

"The decision to make this statement was made by me alone and I have not been asked by anyone connected with the club to come forward and make a statement

Yeah right.

No disrespect to binmen, who do a mighty fine job but the words don't seem to be by a binman. Additionally he puts the word *supporters* in inverted commas which to me puts doubt in his sincerity. If those people have spent a couple of hundred quid on a trip to London they've every right to call themselves supporters. What they don't have the right to do is verbally abuse players. Mr King could do with developing a thicker skin.

I was speaking to some people on Saturday, as they arrived home from the match. They mentioned the incident and added that King got a lot of abuse because he was nearest to the crowd.

Having seen him out and about and having met him briefly, I would agree with Tony Smith in that he's a 'lovely young man', who is always very pleasant.

I've read that the person who instigated the incident is also going to apologise.

Let's hope everyone can move on after that.

I've read that the person who instigated the incident is also going to apologise.

The :? person - from what I have seen and heard going back to last season Matt King has been a target of abuse by more than one person.

The :? person - from what I have seen and heard going back to last season Matt King has been a target of abuse by more than one person.

I know. He's been treated disgracefully. How can someone play well when all that is heaped upon them?

Poor lad can't win :evil: