Will you be taking a paycut?

For one so young and not particularly successful, he must have a huge bank balance.

He spent millions buying out his contract with Williams, preferring to stay were he was. :shock:

I guess that the answer would depend on the circumstances of the individual and the company he worked for.

Perhaps "loyalty" bonuses could be ditched.

Isn't it a ?15 million pay cut over 3 years, down from ?24 to ?9 million......but you can still have a good lifestyle with ?9 million....does he pay UK income tax :wink:

In the case of Jenson, I guess it is better to be paid ?9 million than ?0 million as he would be unlikely to get a drive with another F1 team.

Always worth remembering that a pay cut hits those on the more modest wages harder than those on the highest wages. Indeed with falling mortgage rates, it is quite likely that the higher paid who have substantial mortgages and minimal savings have seen a substantial increase in their disposable income over the last year.

....does he pay UK income tax :wink:

Could you tell me where Lord Ashcroft, your parties biggest financial donor, pays his taxes Paul, as he won't tell anyone. And isn't Lord Aster trying to stop a bill in the Lords which would make it illlegal for a Peer to sit if he doesn't pay UK taxes. If anybody doesn't know Lord Aster is David Cameron's father in law :wink::wink:

I also believe Lord Kinnock, his wife, his son and his daughter who all work for Brussels pay their taxes at the lower euro rate than we do here in England.

In case you have forgotton who Kinnock was, he was the left wing leader of the peoples Labour party who; once he got beaten by Maggie, decided that capitalism was the way forward and embraced it with open arms along with all of his family too :lol:

Kinnock was every labour voters idol..... wonder what they all think of him now?? :lol:

I also believe Lord Kinnock, his wife, his son and his daughter who all work for Brussels pay their taxes at the lower euro rate than we do here in England.

In case you have forgotton who Kinnock was, he was the left wing leader of the peoples Labour party who; once he got beaten by Maggie, decided that capitalism was the way forward and embraced it with open arms along with all of his family too :lol:

Kinnock was every labour voters idol..... wonder what they all think of him now?? :lol:

I take it then that you are against Lord Asters attempt to allow this sort of thing to continue?

Of course I am.... after all, it is my money they are frittering away (and in Astors case, he is making me pay more tax because he doen't have to - allegedly) but all politicians are less than honest when it comes to declaring their financial interests, that has been the case for decades. Unfortunately, successive governments have allowed the cloak and dagger tricks to continue thus perpetuating the problem.

You will find it very difficult PJ to try and take pops at the Tories for doing this when Labour are equally as culpable and even more so when you have the Home Secretary herself bending the rules to suit her own pocket lining agenda. This lot have had 11 years to tighten all this up but it is becoming more of an issue now as people are feeling the pinch while our "representitives" take advantage of lax rules governing their expenses and salaries

Of course I am.... after all, it is my money they are frittering away (and in Astors case, he is making me pay more tax because he doen't have to - allegedly) but all politicians are less than honest when it comes to declaring their financial interests, that has been the case for decades. Unfortunately, successive governments have allowed the cloak and dagger tricks to continue thus perpetuating the problem.

You will find it very difficult PJ to try and take pops at the Tories for doing this when Labour are equally as culpable and even more so when you have the Home Secretary herself bending the rules to suit her own pocket lining agenda. This lot have had 11 years to tighten all this up but it is becoming more of an issue now as people are feeling the pinch while our "representitives" take advantage of lax rules governing their expenses and salaries

You are assuming I will be saving all my "pops" for the Tories. I have no confidence in or liking for any of the 3 main parties I was merely responding to Pauls quip regarding paying UK taxes( the second of which he has made) and I felt that as he represents the Conservative party it was appropriate to point out the above facts. Had a Labour or Lib/Dem councillor the gumption to post on here perhaps I would have the opportunity to be equally questioning across the political spectrum. :lol::lol::lol:

Ah but it wasn't done in a political sense when I made the comment.

With regards to Lord Ashcroft's tax affairs, I could well imagine, given the publicity he gets, that HMRC scrutinise his tax returns very carefully. In fact I would think his tax affairs will be meticulous. :wink:

PS I've met him a couple of times, really nice bloke....alas he's not invited me on board his yacht or private jet yet. :D:D:D