Mother Not Charged Over Baby Abandoning

I may well be naive in saying this but I feel the decision not to charge the young mother who abandoned her newborn baby in a school field, is the wrong decision.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=12690129

It is said that the mother was given medical attention but if her condition was that bad, why was she allowed to wander off with the baby alone so soon after giving birth? And whilst there is the argument of 'sanctity of life', if she never wanted the baby then why did she not have an abortion earlier on in the process? She should never have got pregnant at such a young age in the first place, but in nowadays world she is just one of many who decide to do so. If the mother was known to be of low intelligence or have some sort of mental or physical disorder then why were no members of her family around her at the time she abandoned the baby? Maybe the father isn't in contact with the mother anymore and / or he wants nothing to do with the baby etc but even so, I feel the word 'stupidity' sums up this case. She was stupid enough in the first place to get pregnant so young and then once the baby arrived, she proved what a total mess her life has become by dumping it in a field. I suppose the baby is better off without her.

I would suggest though that the mothers parents failed to offer her good enough support during the pregnancy. However I'm not someone who always agrees with the much used phrase 'Blame the parents' every single time a child does something wrong. I have noticed of late that many buses going around in Liverpool have the slogan 'There is no such thing as bad kids, just bad parents'. I personally disagree and feel that peer-pressure plays a greater, stronger role in society than ever before.

In this case though I blame the daughter for getting pregnant in the first place. Having said that though, she may be in a family that has a history of young pregnancies, in which case I would blame the parents.

Well she should be charged even if she only gets a severe telling off, as it stands she off scot free and knows it,so whats to stop here doing it again,she was lucky the baby was found and didnt die..

Parents to blame? i cant say as i dont know how or who they are maybe there upstanding people!! who knows!!

but i would say they are partly to blame,when we found our dughter was pregnant she got all our support even though we were not happy with the idea but she knew we were behind her all the way and now we have a brillaint grandson who we adore..it could quite easily gone the other way if were were both working and had little time for her..

Steve

You are quite correct Steve, you don't know......despite this you apportion blame. Jonathan, PJ is spot on. Your comment, "she should never have got pregnant in the first place" sums you up completely as a man of your own particular world.

I agree with the compassionate view taken because, unlike the other two contributors, I don't know enough about the young girl to feel anything but pity.

I may well be naive in saying this but I feel the decision not to charge the young mother who abandoned her newborn baby in a school field, is the wrong decision.

Yes a bit naive especially as none of us (including you) actually know the fully circumstances or details :roll:

It is said that the mother was given medical attention but if her condition was that bad, why was she allowed to wander off with the baby alone so soon after giving birth?

Maybe she gave birth all alone.. :cry: hence the reason why she may have then needed/received medical attention AFTER she contacted the poilce herself when they were looking for her :cry:

And whilst there is the argument of 'sanctity of life', if she never wanted the baby then why did she not have an abortion earlier on in the process?

Maybe she was scared and didn't know who to speak too or have anyone she could confide in

She should never have got pregnant at such a young age in the first place, but in nowadays world she is just one of many who decide to do so.

Jonathan...has no-one ever expalined to you that it takes a 'She' and a 'He' to make a baby :roll:

If the mother was known to be of low intelligence or have some sort of mental or physical disorder....

Where did it actually say that :?:

....then why were no members of her family around her at the time she abandoned the baby?

Maybe the girls family didn't actually know she was pregnant. Maybe she managed to hide it from them. Can you seriously imagine any parent, regardless of how annoyed they may be by their daughters teenage pregnancy, actually allowing or telling their own daughter to just 'dump' their grandchild :roll:

Maybe the father isn't in contact with the mother anymore and / or he wants nothing to do with the baby etc but even so, I feel the word 'stupidity' sums up this case.

Who's... yours :shock:

She was stupid enough in the first place to get pregnant so young....

There you go again :roll:

.....and then once the baby arrived, she proved what a total mess her life has become by dumping it in a field. I suppose the baby is better off without her.

Again Jonathan we/you don't know the full story and like I've already said maybe she was just felt all alone, scared stiff, had no-one she felt she could confide in and paniced

I would suggest though that the mothers parents failed to offer her good enough support during the pregnancy.

MAYBE THEY DIDN'T KNOW !! ... did I already say that... yes I though I had

In this case though I blame the daughter for getting pregnant in the first place. Having said that though, she may be in a family that has a history of young pregnancies, in which case I would blame the parents.

Stuck record.... without wanting to sound rude to anyone here I would imagin if the young girl came from a family with a history of young pregnancies then they would probably cope a lot better with the shock of it than the likes of you and I would.

I think it's all very sad for everyone involved :cry: