Ozzies get the hump.

observer

I've eaten the camel parts that were offered on "celebrity". I cooked them too. :)

We were in a supermarket in Rhiyadh and they were on sale in the meat section. Being ever willing to try something new, we bought some. I had no idea how to cook them but opted for slicing and frying, quickly, in olive oil. They were, actually, quite delicious with a cream and wine (non-alcoholic, of course :wink: ) sauce - rather like lamb's fries but a bit tougher. :lol:

Yeuch :shock:

I saw the hairy based pointed kangaroo parts and also the rounder parts of a similar beast that were on offer on 'celebrity' and there's no way I would eat eather unless they were shaved, cooked in spices, completely disguised and no-one had told me what they were. I can't even eat mussles or the other slimey little things you on offer in the fishmongers or stalls at the seaside :oops:

Good on you Kate and you are braver than I am.

What about the preperation too Obs :shock:

I'm happy to peel a few spuds (of the potato variety :wink: ) and veg but shaving testicles and peeling willies no thanks :shock:

At which point the two male members of my family start to squirm... might be worth it after all an they can the watch them cook in the slow coker for 8 hours and think of the possibilities when they get on my nerves :lol::wink:

havent heard about the eating camel,but i have eaten kangaroo its served in a lot of resteraunts......needs sauce over it i have to say........i think they are soooo cute...but i think cows are too how many eat them...after seeing sheep ferried in trucks to the docks bound for the middle east i feel sorry for them so dont do lamb too often..... :oops:

Don't feel sorry for them Rocky, if they had got their fingers(hooves?)out millions of years ago they would be at the top of the food chain eating us. If you don't hold with evolution and prefer the creation approach, if God didn't want us to eat animals why did he make them out of meat? :lol: