First Time

wolfie

I agree with JayC - but despite the poor results at home with the 0-0's against Stoke, Fulham and West Ham, Liverpool normally lose to Man Utd (won 2-1) normally lose at Chelsea (won 1-0) and normally lose or draw at Blackburn (Won 3-1).

Still only lost one league game away at Spurs when they probably played their best football of the season!

If someone had said to me at the beginning of August Liverpool would be top of the league in December and only lost one game I would said they were barking mad! :roll:

All very well but

'Is it the first time that a team who went clear at the top of the Premiership got booed of the pitch ??' :?

I think it is. Very good pub quiz qestion

If its pub quizzes you like Keith try these.

1. Who are the only football club ever to be soo cynical as to bring out a new kit on Boxing Day, rendering all the previous days presents out of date?

2. Name an England international who was caught so blatently cheating for his club that he wasd forced to issue an appology to all concerned?

3. Name an England Football captain who has been convicted and banned for a drugs oiffence by the F.A?

Enjoy :D

1. Who are the only football club ever to be soo cynical as to bring out a new kit on Boxing Day, rendering all the previous days presents out of date? I am amazed that everyone only got a football kit for Christmas that year but it's happened twice as far as I am aware. Man United and Newcastle United.

2. Name an England international who was caught so blatently cheating for his club that he wasd forced to issue an appology to all concerned?

I believe this could have been Steven Gerrard when found cheating on his wife at the clubs Christmas do.

3. Name an England Football captain who has been convicted and banned for a drugs oiffence by the F.A?

Had me stumped this one, initialy thought of Rio Ferdinand but realise that he was banned for failing to give a sample, so I'll have to go with Robbie Fowler (although never an England Captain) who was banned for 4 matches after snorting cocaine on the line at an Everton match.

1. Who are the only football club ever to be soo cynical as to bring out a new kit on Boxing Day, rendering all the previous days presents out of date? I am amazed that everyone only got a football kit for Christmas that year but it's happened twice as far as I am aware. Man United and Newcastle United.

I believe this could have been Steven Gerrard when found cheating on his wife at the clubs Christmas do.

Had me stumped this one, initialy thought of Rio Ferdinand but realise that he was banned for failing to give a sample, so I'll have to go with Robbie Fowler (although never an England Captain) who was banned for 4 matches after snorting cocaine on the line at an Everton match.

Aw Keith just 1 out of 3 I'm afraid.

I suppose you should get a bonus point if Newcastle were callous enough to copy your team and i will bow to your superior knowledge regarding heartlessnes in football.

The second answer I have to accept some responsibility for you getting it wrong. I should have pointed out that the subject was Football and not Myths and Fiction. I would have thought that given the behaviour and allegations surrounding your teams Xmas do last year that the least said on that matter the better Keith.

A clue to the correct answer is, you were close he is a scouser.

The third answer, your going to kick yourself, you should never go against your first instinct. It doesn't say who failed a drugs test it says banned for a drugs offence. Not taking or avoiding the test is just as bad as failing in the eyes of the law. Just as if you refuse to blow into a breathaliser you are automatically guilty.

And surely you didn't think, no you cant really believe that, nobody is that stupid, the lines at a football ground are made from paint you blert not cocaine. He really was only pretending it was a line of coke honest.

Anyway thanks for taking the quiz and better luck next time.

Normally a quiz has 'Right' or 'Wrong' to each answer not a monologue by the quizmaster :roll:

He really was only pretending it was a line of coke honest

and he still got a 4 match ban for pretending :lol:

oh and a 2 match ban for pretending to bend over as an invitation to Graham Le Saux

not to mention that Robbie Keane should be banned for life, for pretending to be a striker. :wink:

No .......................... :?:? searched high and low, couldnt find the
the little answer spaces provided.

1. Who are the only football club ever to be soo cynical as to bring out a new kit on Boxing Day, rendering all the previous days presents out of date?

Enjoy

Any clearer now Wolfie?

then at least some good has come of it then :wink:

Your wasting your breath on the Man U trolls! Tiz the season to be jolly so ignore them - believe me after years of this "banter" you will feel so much better by pretending there isn't an elephant in the room!