Starsi State?

observer

Our illustrious Prime Minister had form for exactly the same thing that Damian Green was arrested for when he was on the Opposition front bench. So are the Met going to do a dawn raid on number 10 sometime in the near future? I somehow doubt it :roll::roll::roll: This country is becoming like Zimbabwe with any opposition to the government treated as a crime :evil::evil:

This country is becoming like Zimbabwe with any opposition to the government treated as a crime :evil::evil:

What do you mean - becoming - I can remember similar tactics during the miners strike, when honest civilians were prevented from travelling along the highway if they so much as looked like a picket. Anyone marching in support of the miners was at risk of being snatched by the police and locked up. :roll:

Just got this from the BBC news site.

The leaks thought to be at the centre of the investigation include:

* The November 2007 revelation that the home secretary knew the Security Industry Authority had granted licences to 5,000 illegal workers, but decided not to publicise it.

* The February 2008 news that an illegal immigrant had been employed as a cleaner in the House of Commons.

* A whips' list of potential Labour rebels in the vote on plans to increase the pre-charge terror detention limit to 42 days.

* A letter from the home secretary warning that a recession could lead to a rise in crime.

Hardly treason or a hanging offence.

Is there something they don't want the public to know, that this is a smokescreen? :?:roll:

* The November 2007 revelation that the home secretary knew the Security Industry Authority had granted licences to 5,000 illegal workers, but decided not to publicise it.

* The February 2008 news that an illegal immigrant had been employed as a cleaner in the House of Commons.

* A whips' list of potential Labour rebels in the vote on plans to increase the pre-charge terror detention limit to 42 days.

* A letter from the home secretary warning that a recession could lead to a rise in crime.

Is there something they don't want the public to know, that this is a smokescreen? :?:roll:

I understand Mr Green was told that he was being detained on suspicion of committing the offence of "conspiring to commit misconduct in a public office"......which I understand carries the maximum sentence of life imprisonment

I understand Mr Green was told that he was being detained on suspicion of committing the offence of "conspiring to commit misconduct in a public office"......which I understand carries the maximum sentence of life imprisonment

Then perhaps we should bring back hanging :wink:

Whats the maximum sentence for "obtaining money by deception" as every one of them is guilty of that to some extent :)

I realise the English have an annoying habit of pronouncing words with an "r" where none is to be found, such as "drawring" for example, but surely taking this into the written word is a bit much, especially for someone as left wing as our observer, I would have thought the Stasi would be a word he was only too familiar with? :wink:

almost forgot :roll: