Mascot debut ends in defeat!

Gary

Well done Gary and the board for Saturday, all looked great, even got the weather sorted. it was good to see more than usual there, just a shame the new fans didn't see the result to encourage them back.

Come on Town Tuesdays another game.

Thank you for the positive feedback Ivan - we certainly need it.

I believe one "fan" who has been watching Town for years stormed out of the ground because he wasn't allowed to drink his pint on the terrace.

This is an FA ruling and the club would be fined and deducted points if we don't play by the rules.

We can not please all of the people all of the time - but at the end of the day I can say hand on heart we are all doing our best to make Warrington Town a success.

Well done Gary and the board for Saturday, all looked great, even got the weather sorted. it was good to see more than usual there, just a shame the new fans didn't see the result to encourage them back.

I believe one "fan" who has been watching Town for years stormed out of the ground because he wasn't allowed to drink his pint on the terrace.

This is an FA ruling and the club would be fined and deducted points if we don't play by the rules.

We can not please all of the people all of the time - but at the end of the day I can say hand on heart we are all doing our best to make Warrington Town a success.

i have to agree with Ivans post as well Gary! it was nice to have something different going on as there was not much entertainment on the pitch! :lol: !

However the problem with the supporter could be that he is getting mixed messages

By that I mean having alcohol served in a plastic glass like they do at the rugby if this is against the rules why is it offered?

However the problem with the supporter could be that he is getting mixed messages

By that I mean having alcohol served in a plastic glass like they do at the rugby if this is against the rules why is it offered?

The plastic glasses are for soft drinks on the ground.

The alcohol ban relates to the terraces.

The plastic glasses are for soft drinks on the ground.

The alcohol ban relates to the terraces.

yes but the plastic glasses are also offered with alcohol aswell thats the problem!

There was a mix up with drinks and we need to put a poster up explaining the situation, always a problem when there are lots of new people in the ground.

Just to make it clear the chap who stormed off was attually standing in the boxed area in front of the old stand. If it has just been him and there were not so many in the crowd it would not be a problem, however there were a large number in the stand and quiet a few infront. I was on duty in that area and tried to be flexible but there were a number of comments (from both regulars and newcomers) and I know people should not be standing there. All he needed to do was move over the wall!!

This chap has gray hair and a beard, he oftern weres a town top and I have seen him at away games although he doesw seem to keep himself to himself. If anyone knows him could they they and talk him round from leaving the club. It would be a shame to lose a loyal fan over a small misunderstanding. Again to provent any further mix ups we need to put a poster up and make the situation clear.

thanks for listening!!!

i went along - poor first goal and didnt seem to have much threat up front.

I noticed more there than normal - any gate numbers?

Will be back in a few weeks for more. So will son who liked the fact he got in gratis.

Alcohol? where from? News to me!

the bar is next to the tea bar its the function room where they had the training fair on saturday!

according to the league website it was 139 but im sure there was more than that!

I had to have a word with him (a quiet a few others) about standing in front of the old stand.

As far as drinking goes I fully agree with you, as long as they use plastic cups andso not get silly were is the problem.

Gary - with regards to the FA ruling, how far down does it apply (after all 200 at canterliver is woulds away from 60,000 at O/T)?, what ever the answer is we need to make it clear to everyone who comes to are games, we do not want to get a big crowd in for a big game and then get booted out for breaking a law we did not know about.

Will be back in a few weeks for more. So will son who liked the fact he got in gratis.

the bar is next to the tea bar its the function room where they had the training fair on saturday!

according to the league website it was 139 but im sure there was more than that!

That was the official number through the turnstile who paid, had a season ticket or a voucher.

On top of that you can add on another 50-60 connected to both clubs plus around 150-200 invited business networking guests, quite a few who didn't venture far from the bar! :roll:

Regarding the drink issue. Pint before the game, pint at half-time and pint after the game - surely that is more than enough for anyone into the space of two hours? :shock:

That was the official number through the turnstile who paid, had a season ticket or a voucher.

On top of that you can add on another 50-60 connected to both clubs plus around 150-200 invited business networking guests, quite a few who didn't venture far from the bar! :roll:

Regarding the drink issue. Pint before the game, pint at half-time and pint after the game - surely that is more than enough for anyone into the space of two hours? :shock:

i fully agree with you gary as someone who no longer drinks that seems more than enough for anyone but the issue is that alcohol is being offered in these plastic glasses during the game and i believe it needs to be looked into!

The FA stipulates that NO ALCAHOL IS ALOUD OUT SIDE THE BAR PLASTIC OR NOT AND ON THE TERRACES :twisted::twisted:

The ?no alcohol? rule has always been a problem at town?s home matches when the bar is open.

At the last Liverpool match it was a full time job for two stewards to keep drinkers near the door of the bar, never mind the impossible task of keeping them inside. I know because I was one of the stewards.

The problem is that a lot of the people who attend matches also go to the watch Wolves at the Haliwell-Jones, where I am told it is OK to go on the terraces with alcoholic drinks.

Perhaps it is just necessary to remind people of the FA ruling, why not a (large) sign by the exit door of the bar, why not get the bar staff to remind the customers at the point of purchase.

It would be a shame to lose the revenue from the bar and/or receive a fine from the FA just because people do not know the rules.