Where's my woolies?

asperity

• 1 month later...

This is the article Dismayed ---

Many scary stories have been written about the dangers of catastrophic global warming, allegedly due to increased atmospheric concentrations of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2) from the combustion of fossil fuels. But is the world really catastrophically warming? NO. And is the warming primarily caused by humans? NO.

Since just January 2007, the world has cooled so much that ALL the global warming over the past three decades has disappeared! This is confirmed by a plot of actual global average temperatures from the best available source, weather satellite data that shows there has been NO net global warming since the satellites were first launched in 1979.

Since there was global cooling from ~1940 to ~1979, this means there has been no net warming since ~1940, in spite of an ~800% increase in human emissions of carbon dioxide. This indicates that the recent warming trend was natural, and CO2 is an insignificant driver of global warming.

Furthermore, the best fit polynomial shows a strong declining trend. Are we seeing the beginning of a natural cooling cycle? YES. Further cooling, with upward and downward variability, is expected because the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) has returned to its cool phase, as announced by NASA this year.

Global warming and cooling have closely followed the phases of the PDO. The most significant pattern of PDO behavior is a shift between ?warm? and ?cool? phases that last 20 to 30 years. In 1905, the PDO shifted to its ?warm? phase. In 1946, the PDO changed to its ?cool? phase. In 1977, the PDO returned to its ?warm? phase and produced the current warming. In 2007-8, the PDO turned cold again, so we can expect several decades of naturally-caused global cooling.

Some scientists are predicting that this cooling will be severe, and is a greater threat to humanity than global warming ever was. Meanwhile, politicians are still obsessing about global warming.

So Asperity your supporting the denial of global warming on the postings of bloggers and contributers to ICECAP. International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project.

I was taught that Climate change is subject to many many naturally occuring things such currents, plate techtonics etc and ice ages come and go.

ICECAP are highlighting what geographers have known for a long time.

The impact of man has and contiues to have an even greater influence and should not be ignored.

The challenge that we face is changing the way we live to cope we what will evolve.

Throughout the history of this planet, there have been huge temperature variations (called "ice ages"), tectonic movements, the earth's wobble, solar flares, even the position/distance of the moon: all totally beyond the influence of human beings. :shock: Species die out and are replaced by newer/ adaptable species and life goes on. :? It is the supreme arrogance of mankind to believe he can control nature or the elements; the earth will adapt, compensate and evolve; our species has to adapt, overcome and survive, whatever nature throws at us. :wink:

So Asperity your supporting the denial of global warming on the postings of bloggers and contributers to ICECAP. International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project.

I was taught that Climate change is subject to many many naturally occuring things such currents, plate techtonics etc and ice ages come and go.

The impact of man has and contiues to have an even greater influence and should not be ignored.

The challenge that we face is changing the way we live to cope we what will evolve.

As usual Geoff you are giving a very confusing, misspelt and ungrammatical posting. In fact I'm not sure if you are agreeing or dis agreeing!!

I do agree that the challenge we face is to change the way we live to cope with changing circumstances. But that is what every species on earth has always done - adapt to the changes in climate or die. When the next global ice age occurs many species will die, maybe including mankind, but some will survive. But the way that governments are suggesting that we can stop the climate changing by taxing us more is just lunacy!!! Global warming is a modern myth perpertrated by scientists after funding and politicians with an agenda (Al Gore stands to make millions from Carbon Trading!!). Don't get fooled by these people.Our politicians know where their salaries come from and are making sure we have to pay more taxes to fill the treasury (cynical? Moi?)

And don't get me started on windmills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll::roll::roll:

Seems we will be depending on foreign energy supplies, at least until 2015. :shock: Brown want's to spend our way out of recession by a programme of public works, to create employment and sustain buisiness, well OK Gordon, you can start with a few hydro-electric dams, a few flood barriers across river estuaries with tidal generators and about a dozen coal fired (carbon capture) power stations, a high speed rail net, a Council Housing aquisition programme; and a renovated sewerage system. :shock::wink:

As usual Geoff you are giving a very confusing, misspelt and ungrammatical posting. In fact I'm not sure if you are agreeing or dis agreeing!!

I do agree that the challenge we face is to change the way we live to cope with changing circumstances. But that is what every species on earth has always done - adapt to the changes in climate or die. When the next global ice age occurs many species will die, maybe including mankind, but some will survive. But the way that governments are suggesting that we can stop the climate changing by taxing us more is just lunacy!!! Global warming is a modern myth perpertrated by scientists after funding and politicians with an agenda (Al Gore stands to make millions from Carbon Trading!!). Don't get fooled by these people.Our politicians know where their salaries come from and are making sure we have to pay more taxes to fill the treasury (cynical? Moi?)

And don't get me started on windmills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll::roll::roll:

Couldn;t have put it better myself. I'm 100% with you on the great global warming swindle Apserity.