1 onion diced

1 tin kidney beans (drained)

1 tin plum tomato chopped

1 beef stock cube

really lazy chilli

really lazy garlic

1/2 pint water

cooking oil

You can also add a couple of sliced mushrooms if you wish.

Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a large pan, then cook the onion until soft. Add the mince and seal. Add the tins of beans and tomato and mix well. Add the stock cube and one or two teaspoons of the chilli and the garlic according to how hot and garlicky you want it. Add the water, cover the pan and simmer for an hour stirring occasionally.

MOST IMPORTANT!! leave to stand overnight. this allows the flavour to develop.

Next day reheat thoroughly while cooking rice (brown for my preference!)

Serve with garlic bread and something to mop the brow!!

This will give two large servings, or four modest ones.

Enjoy folks :D:D:D:D:D

Sounds lovely, yes definately leave over night or as long as possible, same is good idea for bolognese sauces and similiar :)

Observer, I know people who dont like kidney beans and so have rinsed a tin of backed bean which if I'm correct are harricot beans and they've gone down well instead.

I'll try rinsing the tinned beans! :wink: The problem with recipes, is remembering them, I avidly watch these TV Chefs, but unless it's simple and quick, I lose interest - however, one can pick up good practise tips from the "experts". :wink: These days I buy up a load of those "Swartz" herbs and spices and experiment with everything, searching for the ultimate taste experience! :wink:

the chille con carne was a success, (not quite brave enough for the pineapple as yet) I did use dried kidney beans, tinned has too many additives and is not so ecconomical as dried when feeding more that a few people.

Bring to boil dried kidney beans, strain and rinse, re-boil until soft with a teaspoon on curry powder, keeping enough water to cover.

I occasionally fish an overnight session on the river or lakeside banks. My evening meals on the bank usually consist of a tin of new spuds and a tin of stewing steak.

Asperity's Chilli con Carne is an ideal meal for me to take ready cooked, so I can just heat it up in a pan. I'm sure this will be a sure fire winner with my fishing buddies.

Any more recipes for a quick feast, or something that could easily be prepared on the spot useing only one pan would be appreciated.

I've never tried doing it that way, but I suppose once the onions and meat have been heated uo the resy of the ingredients could be mixed in and bung the pan in the oven. I don't know about heat settings but a low heat for a long time would probably do it. :wink::wink:

Spag Bol is another favourite mince dish of mine. :D:D

Well I've more or less done as you said Asp: onion, then the mince in the pan to seal; added a small tin of baked beans, peas, mushrooms, garlic, dash of chilli powder and herbs, and a dash of sherry!; put it all in a casserole dish in which I'd diced some spuds and carrots, all ready for a slow cook in the oven tommorrow - so verdict tommorrow! :wink: Watched that Chinese girl on BBC 2 tonight; so it's chillis, garlic, ginger, shau sin rice wine (or dry sherry!); soy sauce, corriander from the super-market this week! :wink: