No tickets.

P J

A while back a chap came round our estate asking people to go on the Warrington Lottery Scheme. It was just a pound a week and I said OK, as did my neighbour. The fellow then asked us which of the 2 games would we like 2 free tickets each for, Wakefield or Hull. We chose Wakefield and decided we would take our children, 6 and 7 to introduce them to Rugby League. Now the direct debits are coming out of my account each month and my card with my numbers has arrived but no tickets for either myself or my neighbour. Who would be the best person to contact to see what is going on?

My neighbour went into the ticket office today but the 2 shop staff said there was nothing they could do for us. They also said they had other complaints about this too.

When he phoned the club number he was told the tickets had been sent to the lottery agent but he hadn't delivered them. It really is a shoddy way to treat people. My little girl has been excited about this all week so I suppose I will have to stump up for tickets tomorrow but it will be the last penny they get from me.

After spending the morning, well a good part of it, on the phone to the ground we finally got in touch with a person in reception called Michelle. She told me that nobody from the Lottery staff were in but that she would ring me back when they arrived. She called at about 12.45 to tell me that our tickets were at reception ready for us to pick up. They were and we went in and had a great day and I will be going to the next home game too as my daughter loved it. So thank you Michelle you saved the day.

You'll be hooked now after seeing a 60-24 victory!

Match report now on the home page! :wink:

It was better than I expected. I loved the family atmosphere which does not exist in Premiership Football. I have never seen warrington lose at the new stadium, perhaps they should give me a free season ticket :wink:

Perhaps we'd better get you along to Warrington Town FC as well!

I will certainly be giving it a go this season Gary. At least its affordable family fun as Prem is now out of the price range of many people especially families. You still see 22 men kicking a ball round for a fraction of the cost. :)

Interesting article in today's Guardian. Some people are so kissed off with Premiership football in this country that they have started to organise trips to Spain and Germany because even taking into account flights, hotels and admission to the stadium it's cheaper than staying home and attending premiership matches here. Germany in particular is popular, mobile beer sellers pumping beer at a pound a pint and the nanny state hasn't yet stopped them smoking in the open air of their stadiums.