Watch out watch out Dizzy could be about!

Gary

Good to catch up with Bill and Dizzy earlier in the week at a small gathering of Warrington Worldwide Facebook faithful - almost like one of the old poster meet ups although Bill was less grumpy than normal :)

Dizzy was late but I got a nice hug and birthday pressie - thank you.

Dizzy is frantically trying to log in tonight but struggling to find how to log in on a mobile - Does anyone else use a mobile to post on the forum? I only use desk top.

signed into the website using the browser on my mobile and managed to post after a bit of fiddling about to sign in. (see post above)

go to the forum page and you should be able to sign in as you would on a pc.

you just need to find the bit where it says sign in, my mobile uses chrome. when i go to the forum page there is three horizontal lines at the top left of the page. pressing on them brings up the sign in  or sign up options. once you have entered your details you are able to post as normal. pressing the three lines allows you to sign out when you have finished.

should be the same on any mobile web browser.

Dizzy must have completely changed her appearance or arrived incredibly late because it seems I missed her.

It was nice to put some faces to the names I often see and thanks again to Gary for organising a nice little get together.

Bill 😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 3:55 PM, Bill said:

Dizzy must have completely changed her appearance or arrived incredibly late because it seems I missed her.

It was nice to put some faces to the names I often see and thanks again to Gary for organising a nice little get together.

Bill 😊

Dizzy rolled up as we were leaving - gave me a pressie and hug and then cleared off - she was sorry to miss you 

• 6 months later...

Hi all.....hope you're all well and enjoying life😃
Hey what can I say other than it's only taken me until tonight (15 Dec) to get back on here.  Just in time for you to all wish me a Merry Xmas ha ha:)
Wish I'd thought of trying this old 15 year old laptop ages ago ... not half as annoying as trying to use my mobile or newer laptop.🤪

well hello you.

in answer to your questions. 

1 As well as can be expected.

2 Isn't that what life is for, enjoying.

i can sympathise with the getting to grips with newer technology having had to get a 'smart' phone recently. still only use it for texts and the odd phone call though.

i have also recently had to update  most of the components in my desktop after something went POP. about the only original parts left in it are the case and one of the fans.

luckily most of my stuff is backed up both to an external drive and also my old laptop , which is probably approaching it's pension age as far as laptops go. but it works.

so all that is left to do is say have a happy christmas and a merry new year....🍺

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 11:25 PM, Dizzy said:

Hi all.....hope you're all well and enjoying life😃
Hey what can I say other than it's only taken me until tonight (15 Dec) to get back on here.  Just in time for you to all wish me a Merry Xmas ha ha:)
Wish I'd thought of trying this old 15 year old laptop ages ago ... not half as annoying as trying to use my mobile or newer laptop.🤪

Hello Dizzy

Happy Xmas😀

• Like 1

Oh dear EvilS sounds like a bit of  nightmare for you.  Awful when that happens eh but at least you had all your stuff backed up phew.

My mobile isn't new though, in fact its probable 8+ years old now so its not that I struggle to use it...I use it for social media, web browsing, emails etc etc all fine but as soon as it try to view the forum well...enough said.  My newer laptop (well I've had that 2 years but its older than tha as i bought it as a refurb in lockdown) annoys me too as the battery only lasts a few hours and the touch control pad is way to sensitive for my heavy handed touch so I finish up shouting at it all the time as it does random things lol  

So here I am again on my sons old laptop which i tend to only use whenever I need to use my vinyl cutting machine (yes I know that sounds a bit weird) but it seems this oldie it great for the forum plus I don't even get adverts popping up :)

Anyway I'm rambling again....just as I always did on here.....Have a great Xmas and all the very best for the New Year :)x

And Lt K.... Happy Xmas and all the best for the new year to you too :) x

never use the touch pad on my laptop, bought one of those retractable usb mice, makes life much easier plus there are no long lengths of cable when you come to put it in a bag.

don't know how long the battery lasts as i tend to plug the charger into the mains and run it off that.

as to its actual age i have no idea i do know that i bought it when the father in law was still alive and he has been dead for over fifteen years.

Oh and don't let Gary know you block the adverts or you will get a slap on the  wrist...🤚...😭

Hiya Dizzy, good to see your still around and haven’t completely abandoned us. 😊

I’ve just upgraded my mobile, so I’ve now got a much bigger screen, but I still find it too tricky to use on the internet, especially with my increasingly fat arthritic fingers. I’ll use it if I’m desperate and away from home but otherwise the laptop wins every time.

As for laptop batteries, yes they’re a bit of a nightmare if you need to rely on them. They don’t last forever, and they all tend to be custom made for each particular model. So, when they eventually give up, the chances are that the replacement battery would probably have been manufactured at the same time as your old laptop. This happened to me where the replacement battery unit (£45) was marked with an almost identical date code, meaning the battery was already over five years old. ☹ Needless to say, that one didn’t last that long. Why they don’t just use standard size rechargeable cells I don’t know.

Anyway, hope you have a nice family Christmas and maybe come back a bit more often next year. Take care.

Bill 😊

• 4 weeks later...