Eco - Nutters -

Observer II

The latest vandalism from the "just stop oil" kids, was to throw soup over a Van Gough painting, then super-glue themselves to a wall.   These middle class kids just illustrate why those below 18yo should not be allowed to vote, for they understand nothing of the world on which to make a balanced or informed decision.   As for their treatment -  hands should be pulled away from floor or wall, leaving a top layer of their skin in situ;  Magistrates should impose a custodial sentence in every case, giving them time to reflect on just how stupid they are.  The vast majority of people will freeze this Winter, due to a lack of energy, which includes oil and depend on their cars to get to work.   😠

why bother trying to free them, it was their choice, just leave them there and charge them rent for however long it takes for them to free themselves.

i would also stop anybody trying to help them get free and maybe put a sign up "vandals at work" it may just win the turner prize.....:rolleyes:

The ironic part is that super glue can be derived from petroleum so a bit of a shot in the foot for them there.......🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

Interesting that the two Scottish Green Party MSPs, propping up the Krankie Regime;  are going along with the decision to increase oil production in the N/Sea.  Seems with their Ministerial salaries, that their principles go out of the window,  and they lose the support of their own Party.     :rolleyes:

Two Scottish Green Party MSPs are going along with the decision to increase oil production in the N/Sea.  Seems with their Ministerial salaries, that their principles go out of the window.

Remember what I said a few days ago

If we need to reverse a decision or two for the short-term national interest, then the green community should be prepared to accept this. After all, the net zero thing is a target rather than a hard line.

I take my hat off to these two for putting the immediate needs of the country before their own long term political ideals. You might see it as cynical but to me they’ve done the right thing and once this is over, they can go back to campaigning for reductions.

Bill 😊