UK Population ?

old fogies not dying when they were expected to probably.......🕵️‍♀️

That may be a bit tongue in cheek, but with the increase in medical sciences treatments of diseases that once would have wiped out the older age groups, come the push for people to have fewer children due to the uncertainties of the planets future. All this would tend to push the age demographic towards the upper age limits as people are living longer.

Octogenarians and older,are more commonplace now than when i was a nipper as were big families. For a family to have four or five children was the norm and those kids are now getting to the age where they are the "older" generation.

Whereas these days with rising costs and poorish pay having one child can be a burden for some families. Couple that with the "yuppie" mentality that success in a career is more important than a family life and the numbers skew accordingly.

Of course i may well be wrong but it is worth considering.

I get that Sid, and fully understand the reasoning behind NOT having kids;  what I don't (I do really !) understand is, if less kids are being born;  where is the overall increase in population coming from ?   And if HMG realises the implications of a reduced workforce demographic struggling to support an enlarged OAP demographic;  would this be an incentive to allow more immigration, to bolster the workforce and thus tax payers ?   Because we now have a worldwide catchment area for such immigrants, would it also follow that,  the current indigenous population is brainwashed into tolerating such an influx, with the portrayal of ethnics on TV and adverts as if they exceed 7% of the population ?    :unsure:

Don't forget to allow for the number of covid deaths too Obs which should have reduced the population  & also the members of the multicoloured flag society who have turned the other cheek.

We must have a fertile bunch of pensioners or a rampant gaggle of immigrants ensuring they have a British child.

The change by 5 year age band in Warrington between 2011 and 2021 census (adjusted to same accuracy of 100 for each band in both cases) was

All ages 0 ‒ 4 5 ‒ 9 10 ‒ 14 15 ‒ 19 20 ‒ 24 25 ‒ 29 30 ‒ 34 35 ‒ 39 40 ‒ 44 45 ‒ 49 50 ‒ 54 55 ‒ 59 60 ‒ 64 65 ‒ 69 70 ‒ 74 75 ‒ 79 80 and over
Growth 4.3% -13.8% 6.9% 4.1% -11.2% -13.2% 0.0% 13.9% 0.7% -14.4% -13.9% 18.4% 34.7% 3.2% 7.0% 30.5% 36.7% 31.3%
Change 8,700 -1,700 800 500 -1,400 -1,600 0 1,700 100 -2,300 -2,300 2,500 4,100 400 700 2,500 2,200 2,500

The overall increase in population over the last decade has been 6.6%, which equates to 3.5million.  They've mainly located in and around London and the S/East.  The consequences in terms of increased demand for housing, health and education isn't hard to figure out, but Boris seems to be all for this invasion, as he and his ilk don't have to live with it.    😠