Woke Labour -

Observer II

Seems a "trans-man" is challenging the statement - "that anyone with a cervix is a woman" -  because through, surgery or drugs "she" has been made to look like a "he".  But the fact remains, that one's gender is determined at birth and no matter what these people may want, you can't change nature.  imo, it's time any NHS funding for what these people "want" to identify as,  the NHS is there for medical "need", and if they "want" such procedures, they should go private.   😠

if you want to get down to genetics then it is determined before birth.

xx chromosome pairing = female

xy chromosomes pairing = male

as far as i am aware. so reality is that gender is based on this pairing. what a baby looks like when it is born male or female is possibly different from what their genetic make up says they should be.

But then i am no expert and think most babies resemble Phil Mitchell from eastenders at birth.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Observer II said:

Seems a "trans-man" is challenging the statement - "that anyone with a cervix is a woman" -  because through, surgery or drugs "she" has been made to look like a "he".  But the fact remains, that one's gender is determined at birth and no matter what these people may want, you can't change nature.  imo, it's time any NHS funding for what these people "want" to identify as,  the NHS is there for medical "need", and if they "want" such procedures, they should go private.   😠

As usual, it all hinges on the assertion that what sex one is hinges on your own state of mind. This ignores the corollary that others also feel that what sex you are depends on their state of mind about you. It all goes wrong because other people do not have to agree with your opinion, no matter how much indoctrination the media pumps out. I don't mind the NHS paying as this problem must take a toll on mental health of whole families. I just resent being told what to think.

• Upvote 1