Cash for exercise ?

Observer II

Why do some folk think that cash is the answer to everything; the latest brain wave is to pay people who are obese, to exercise.    Now how do you ensure that a devout couch potato will actually get their big fat bodies out on a run ?   The primary cause imo, for obesity is diet;  they are taking in excess calories, then not burning them off with exercise; and probably the kind of food they eat is unhealthy junk food.   So would it not be better to cut the supply of unhealthy food products or at least make them more expensive with a health tax; whilst promoting and making cheaper healthy foods, like your five a day ?    😷

Ah but taxing foods affects everyone rather than just fat people.

I believe the technology really hasn’t helped with this because we don’t even have to get off our fat backsides these days when we fancy a Dominos or a Big Mac. Just a few clicks on an app and someone brings it right to your doorstep which is all too easy. Maybe a big tax on food that’s delivered to your door would make people think twice.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

And that’s my point. It doesn’t affect normal people like you and me who don’t eat a lot of junk food. If I every fancy fish and chips, I get off my backside and go to the chippy although these days I only walk as far as the car but it get’s off that couch, bit of fresh air and chat with others in the que.

Doubling the price of delivered junk food would hit lazy people without penalizing normal people.

Bill 😊

I am an inactive person as regards exercise, however i do climb up and down my stairs at least once an hour during my waking hours. I once worked out that over my lifetime,so far, i have climbed the equivalent of one and a half Everests.

Somebody bought me one of those fitbit watches to monitor my exercise. i was so inactive it made a call to the undertakers....⚰️

• Haha 3