Freeview ?

Observer II

Having been shielded for months, in front of the TV; it's contents grow in importance.   Take the adverts - aside from all the woke ads, that would have us believe that most normal families are racially diverse and amount to more than 20% of the population,  they seems to know who their main audience are, with ads for life insurance, funeral plans etc ad nauseum; just to put you in the right frame of mind for the future !     💀

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Having been shielded for months, in front of the TV; it's contents grow in importance.   Take the adverts - aside from all the woke ads, that would have us believe that most normal families are racially diverse and amount to more than 20% of the population,  they seems to know who their main audience are, with ads for life insurance, funeral plans etc ad nauseum; just to put you in the right frame of mind for the future !     💀

Don't watch adverts... Always record everything so as to fast forward the overlong Ad Breaks.. if you time them they average 4 mins each time say 3 breaks per show a lot of of wasted time. I pay enough money already for my viewing package I won't be screwed twice for the same show

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Latchford Locks said:

Don't watch adverts... Always record everything so as to fast forward the overlong Ad Breaks.. if you time them they average 4 mins each time say 3 breaks per show a lot of wasted time. I pay enough money already for my viewing package I won't be screwed twice for the same show

I even let live sports have 20 mins start before I start to watch it ;-)

Must say i have noticed the slant of the adverts towards those who are getting close to the finish line.

What annoys me about them is how cheerful they all seem to be about not having their family pay the funeral costs. (Oh and the free gift when you sign up).

I have a funeral plan. it is simple die skint and let some bugger else pay to have me disposed of.

Looking forward to seeing how the rugby pans out this weekend.

a bit disappointed at the first televised fixture but on the plus side wont be that annoyed drone of when the saints etc or the hopeful cries of "FORWARD REF". be like watching it with mute button on. "COME ON YOU DRAGONS"...🤣🤫

37 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

Must say i have noticed the slant of the adverts towards those who are getting close to the finish line.

What annoys me about them is how cheerful they all seem to be about not having their family pay the funeral costs. (Oh and the free gift when you sign up).

I have a funeral plan. it is simple die skint and let some bugger else pay to have me disposed of.

Looking forward to seeing how the rugby pans out this weekend.

a bit disappointed at the first televised fixture but on the plus side wont be that annoyed drone of when the saints etc or the hopeful cries of "FORWARD REF". be like watching it with mute button on. "COME ON YOU DRAGONS"...🤣🤫

I just hope sky do a fair quality presentation of the game with decent build up and crowd effects so at least we can lose ourselves into semi reality for a couple of hours