London Election Farce -

observer

Taking into consideration his views on scousers I quite fancied Boris for mayor. After last nights performance you can forget it. The man is a stumbling 'let me tell you' fool. :shock:

Love him or hate him the only man to come across as sensible and experienced was Red Ken. :o

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Talking of scousers, where did Derek Hatton vanish to?

Given the current situation in Warrington, (ie. the lack of experienced cllrs), an elected Mayor would be a good thing. It seems that you can be in the job 5 mins now, and be elected.

Its a good reason not to give Labour the vote again - as they will overspend on everything. Comes from their experiences with expenses.

Those of us who work in industry are used to cost cutting and coming in under budget if our prject over spent like theirs we would be sacked and probably never work in the industry again.

Apparently Ken has admitted bidding for the Olympics in order to get more money out the Government. But the money comes from poor lottery players, national taxpayers AND London Council Tax Payers - so a good reason not to give Ken your vote again! :roll:

Ken only offered support in the bid for the Olympics and that support may well have been selfish in that the benefits of winning the bid would mean the transformation of the East end of London, with new rail and road links.

Pressure on the government to support the bid came from all quarters, not least total support from all parties. 'Both publicly and behind the scenes there was considerable activity to bring the Government on side. Pressure groups outside sport were formed, briefings held, letters written, committee meetings attended, all in an attempt to influence key members of the Cabinet. Devolved administrations were briefed, regional development agencies brought on side, the Confederation of British Industry and its regional structure, the unions, industry and anyone who would impact on the decision making process were engaged.'

I have no input in the vote for mayor but if I did then I wouldn't see that Ken Livingstones' reasons for supporting the Olympics would be a reason for not supporting him for mayor. However given the quality of the opposition it may well be that even if people do think it's reason enough, he may well still win.

There may well have been cross party support when it was only costing a few billion, but when the hands start jumping in the air followed by the statement "oh.... we forgot to mention........" and now the budget is wht? triple what it was originally estimated and they forgot the VAT bit as well?

No doubt it will be a great spectacle but it should not be staged at any cost and as for blaming most of the rise on the increased cost of security due to the terroism threat... well that is just a lie isn't it?

Well I can fully understand the protest vote, but Boris presents as an incompetent, bumbling fool. Does the electorate really believe he can run London?? Never understood why The US elected Bush for the same reason.

And Gordon Brown presents as?? Oh yes - an incompetent bumbling fool. Unfortuately for us in Warrington whatever Boris does in London does not impact nearly as much as what Gordon is doing to the whole country. Out of the two bumbling fools give me Boris every time! :roll::roll: