Will we ever know who dun it ?....

Davy51

54 years later & the world in general is still no wiser about who did for JFK. My money is on an inside job. The cold war bargaining chips of the USSR were generally British business men & U2 pilots to try & discredit espionage attempts by the west. The Cuban missile crisis seemed to be the zenith of Russia 's cold war overseas aggression & i can't believe if they had got a line on the President that they would clumsily silence the perpetrator of their international gambit. I think such a coup would be something to shout from the rooftops of the Kremlin.

The probability that there will ever be an answer as to who really dun it are so remote that even the hubble telescope would not be able to see it.

conspiracy theories are rife and conspiracy theories about the conspiracy theories are even more so. Each one has it's argument and "proof" of who did what and when and from where that the only theory that has not been put forward is suicide (as far as i know). About the only two things that they all seem to agree on was that he was shot, it was probably a gun that was used, after that it is  mostly speculation as to who was behind it, or if he was actually killed.

One of the more obscure theories are that he staged it himself to get out of the job and is now living it up on a private island next door to Elvis.8)

"Who dun it" The butler seems to be as good an answer as any. Who was behind it all will forever remain unknown.

The Cuban missile crisis, was brought about by the siting of US missiles in Turkey (on Russia's doorstep); so they responded by moving ICBMs to Cuba. The arrogance of the USA in not permiting this, brought us to the brink of war, and an apparent climb down by the Soviet Union. What didn't get publicised, was the removal of the US ICBMs from Turkey soon afterwards.   :ph34r:    As for the Kennedy dynasty, it hard to think of anyone in the US establishment at the time who didn't have a motive to remove them - Que Bono.    :ph34r:

3 hours ago, observer said:

The Cuban missile crisis, was brought about by the siting of US missiles in Turkey (on Russia's doorstep); so they responded by moving ICBMs to Cuba. The arrogance of the USA in not permiting this, brought us to the brink of war, and an apparent climb down by the Soviet Union. What didn't get publicised, was the removal of the US ICBMs from Turkey soon afterwards.   :ph34r:    As for the Kennedy dynasty, it hard to think of anyone in the US establishment at the time who didn't have a motive to remove them - Que Bono.    :ph34r:

"The Cuban missile crisis, was brought about by the siting of US missiles in Turkey..."

It was a bit more complicated than that.

The official US version is here https://history.state.gov/milestones/1961-1968/cuban-missile-crisis

A long timeline is to be found here: http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key-issues/nuclear-weapons/history/cold-war/cuban-missile-crisis/timeline.htm

You will find that you are both right and there is no need to bicker!!!

All I remember is seeing the Russian ship deck on the BBC News and pondering the futility of a four minute warning as I could not get back from school in time to be blown up!

In order to manage conflict situations, you have to understand the motivation and fears of your enemy.  By and large, the US never tried to understand the Soviets, who basically feared that they were being surrounded by US bases, all capable of pre-emptive strikes on their homeland. The much criticised seizing by the Soviets of Eastern Europe in WW2 was more to do with establishing a buffer zone to avoid a repeat of Operation Barbarossa, than anything else; but was seen by the West as Imperial ambition. When the US moved missiles into Turkey, the logical response in the chess game was to simply counter by moving missiles to Cuba. The Yanks arrogantly refused to accept this, hence the crisis. But evidently, whilst the Soviets were publicly seen to back down, the Yanks did so privately, by removing their missiles from Turkey.  Now we see a return of the cold war, with NATO and EU expansion to the east, right up to the borders of Russia, and the threatened sighting of missile systems in Poland.       :ph34r:     Getting back to JFK,  it's quite possible that his easing of tensions after the crisis and his planned reductions in commitments in Viet Nam, upset the Military-Industrial complex in the US, who may have decided to get rid of him.     :ph34r:   

• 1 month later...

I see there was another revealing programme about the JFK debacle on channel 5 this week. The latest take is that only one of Oswald's bullets hit  JFK  & the fatal shot was actually made by the accidental discharge of a secret service weapon in reaction to the shot from the book depository.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2017 at 10:53 AM, Davy51 said:

I see there was another revealing programme about the JFK debacle on channel 5 this week. The latest take is that only one of Oswald's bullets hit  JFK  & the fatal shot was actually made by the accidental discharge of a secret service weapon in reaction to the shot from the book depository.

That theory has been around for a good few years now... and is a highly plausible scenario when you see how the guy jumped over the back of Kennedy's car when they realised what was happening....