Training Shoe Referbishment

Milky

3 hours ago, Milky said:

thanks, the shoe top has come away from the sole, the leather could do with refreshing too.

Seriously? Why would you want to train in a pair of shoes that are obviously knackered? Doing so could be really damaging to your feet.

Ā 

Accept the inevitable and buy a new pair

2 hours ago, Bazj said:

Seriously? Why would you want to train in a pair of shoes that are obviously knackered? Doing so could be really damaging to your feet.

Ā 

Accept the inevitable and buy a new pair

Because they were expensive and apart for the leather coming away they are OK

Bazj is right, either bin them or risk injuring your feet by wearing them, Ā plants fasciitis is so painful and can be caused by wearing poor fitting or unsuitable footwear. Ā I would suggest bite the bullet but if you can't afford new shoes perhaps a tube of superglue will do the trickĀ 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/17/2017 at 2:04 AM, Milky said:

Because they were expensive and apart for the leather coming away they are OK

So expensive, but poorly manufactured....Ā 

Ā 

Togger1 raises a pertinent point too, one of the main, recognised causes of Plantar Fasciitis is wearing shoes that don't fit well or are worn out. I myself am currently suffering from this and recently went and had my running style measured and filmed at Decathlon (other sports stores are available) they "diagnosed" that my running style showed excessive over pronation and fitted me out with a pair of trainers specifically designed to counter this. they were less than fifty quid and now, even though I train a couple of times a week, things are slowly getting better. My old trainers, are now in the bin.... and they were Ā£150 expensive too :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 5:33 PM, Milky said:

I read some place, I think in one of these free Warrington magazines of a young guy who restores training shoes.

I have tried to search for him with no results, does anyone have some details for him?

Not sure where to put thisĀ 

ONE of these free warrington magazines? There is only one free Warrington magazine and that's us!! A quick site search for the word trainers on our main news pages brought this up for youĀ http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2017/07/21/tom-puts-his-heart-and-soul-into-new-venture/

Hope it helps - and remember the main news pages have a great site search facility top right hand corner - use it - it is free - just like the magazine :wink:

PS The other Free "warrington magazines" worth reading ar Lymm Life, Village Life and Culcheth Life - all sister publications of worldwide :wink:Ā Then we also have the smaller Lifestyle magazine :)Ā 

• 1 month later...

Whole purpose of coming here is to answer this and say thanks, ended up posting elsewhere,, forgot to leave a message here.

I seem to recall doing a search but came up with nothing.

It is actually quite hard to get hold of the mag, see it sometimes in the blood clinic. Our local Coop used to sometimes carry a copy of Village Life which is strange as I live in Padgate and Village Life is aimed at the other half of Warrington, maybe I should start a mag for the north of the towm :)

I am sure I used to get a mag through the letter box for a short while about Padgate, Wolston a while ago, used to get a Md Week Guardian and was it Messenger newspaper too owned by Eddie Shah, but that seems centuries ago.

Hi Milky - all our magazines can be read online here

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/category/magazine-downloads/

and hard copy worldwide is always available in your neck of the woods at Woolston hub as well as other main outlets like Warrington Hospital, Cockhedge and Birchwood shopping centres all LiveWire leisure centres, Warrington central library Warrington Market and even on the buses to name but a few.

Midweek and Messenger no longer exist nor does the Mercury. I had a hand in all three in the dim and distant past but not connected with our magazine publishing business - that was back in my freelancing days. Sadly the newspaper industry is in rapid decline and the younger generation simply do not read them.

Not sure how Village Life ended up in Padgate although some people take mags out of stands for their own areas.