Well the Watercolour Painting Club finally got off to a

Geoff Settle

Thanks to Ag and the Blackbrook Residents Association the Watercolour Painting Club got off to a good start yesterday.

Brian Worthington is the tutor and he got us all mixing colours and even starting our first scene.

Twelve people took part and they were treated to an impromptu Acrylic exhibition from Jean of Fearnhead. She is self taught and showed us at least twelve lovely bright animal portraits which any child would adore. She is looking for somewhere to display her works so if anyone has any ideas I can pass the details on to her.

I can't say how supportitve Ag has been on this mini venture, he's been a bit like father christmas and has kept pulling things out of his santas sack. It's nice to know that there are people like him around, who know maybe he'll join in.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Tony, maybe they can be displayed in the main hall of the community centre.

It's been 5 weeks now and everyone is still enjoying themselves and producing some nice work.

I think that it's always nice to see the different styles and variation in colours that are produced for the same scene. It's almost as if the artist have painted the pictures at different times of the year.

Peter - 1stly the painting club are up and running and is now self sufficient.

Last week I was in Crosby visiting my sick step mother who had just moved into a home. This week I was on the taxi run for my daughter who was staying late at school for her GCSE drama and then needed to get to Evans house to coach gymnastics. I did apologise to Brian who is doing an excellent job. I now have to put together a 4,000 word piece of work on research into project management by April 9th and this is going to consume a great deal of time and many late nights & early mornings and panic attacks as the deadline approaches. :D

But I digress. As I said above the Blackbrook Watercolour club is very healthy, everyone is enjoying the experience and I will continue to provide whatever support I can.

[ 21.03.2008, 04:09: Message edited by: Painter Geoff ]

Geoff,

You don't have to explain. I am not your employee.

I was commenting on the fact of your absence, which I am surprised at as I thought the way you were promoting it, that you would be taking part.

What you do in your personal life, is nothing to do with me, or anyone else on here.

It's more a question of ticking boxes to see how you measure up to Community work. :biggrinbounce:

Pete I don't have to tick any boxes - I help out when and where I can and if people don't like it I won't lose any sleep - not that I need much as I like the 24/7 life style.

The thing about you is you keep telling us what you've heard on the grapevine as if it bears any resemblance to reality - you love stirring it up but hey if that's what does it for you then fine.

I received two lovely compliments this week for my efforts, one at the Sports Relief Mile on Sunday and one at a local school & I thoroughly enjoyed participating in both events and seeing the happy faces of all who took part.

Originally posted by Painter Geoff:

Pete I don't have to tick any boxes - I help out when and where I can and if people don't like it I won't lose any sleep - not that I need much as I like the 24/7 life style.

The thing about you is you keep telling us what you've heard on the grapevine as if it bears any resemblance to reality - you love stirring it up but hey if that's what does it for you then fine.

I received two lovely compliments this week for my efforts, one at the Sports Relief Mile on Sunday and one at a local school & I thoroughly enjoyed participating in both events and seeing the happy faces of all who took part.

Geoff.

The boxes are the ones that I tick. It's a way in which I judge people.

As for the grapevine, all I do is suggest to you that things are not always as you report them.

Enthusiasm does that to people. they talk when they should be listening and vice-versa.

Either you agree or disagree with my comments, it would hardly be appropriate to quote chapter and verse of what allegedly was said and what you say.

I don't see how my making a comment to you as no-one else knows what happens anyway (unless they were present) can be seen as stirring things up.

As for the painting, given the number of times that you have informed us of your painting classes, I thought that you would be doing this one yourself. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by wolfie:

Originally posted by Painter Geoff:

There you go again, I have completed the first one a snowy country cottage scene and I have some homework to do if I get the chance.

A snowy cottage in really deep snow :wink:

:confused: