Cockhedge Centre - Parking - Be warned !

Dizzy

I agree Fugs especially re the fact that the stupid systems can't tell you how long you have been there for so you pay the correct due amount and that they don't give change.

The older machines at the market/golden square give change so why can't the others ?   Walton Gardens doesn't though and I felt conned the other week when I had to put £3.60 in when it's 'only' or was it £3.50 when it's 'only' £3.20...oooh brain freeze.  Either way I paid more than I had to then to make matters worse I noticed the blummin' sign which said the car park would close and be locked at 4.30pm.... I'd already put my money in and pressed the button and it was already 3.40pm  :(    My own fault for not realising though.... 

The parking at Walton Gardens is too high, I don't tend to use it and I am sure I passed on my dodge to you Dizzy :wink:

It does sound like an ill conceived system,  what happens if you underpay?  

I presume if you underpay you get a £100 penalty ticket through the post. 

As you can either pay straight away when you get there OR when you are leaving I wonder what happens if you pay thinking you are going to be longer but then leave withing the 2 free hour slot.  Can you write to them and get your money back?  It doesn't say you can't on the signs so just to be a little devil I might put £3 in then leave after 30 mins and try it :lol::wink:  Or should I pay £3 which gives me 2 hours free then the payment for the third hour but leave after 3 hours and 10 minutes (meaning I should really have paid £5) to see if they give any leeway 8):lol:   

I'm happy to try it as long as you all club together to pay my £100 fine..... yes I'm kidding as I'd just stick to my gins and would refuse to pay to see what happened next  8)   I've never had a parking penalty 'fine' so it might give me something to get my teeth into and stop me being bored.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Now for me to spread my wisdom, intelligence and new way of spelling things now I am back....

You can't actually pay by phone but you need to download a app, after inputting a location number 55973 if I recall correctly if not I will edit it.

You will be charged the correct amount by debit of your debit card, you can even set it up to give you notice before your free time expires, it cost you 10p

The hospital app is the same one.

paybyphone.co.uk link to the web address, I think you can pay through the web site too

All sounds a pain in the ar*s and no way am i going to download some stupid App (what else can it access on your phone by the way) which then directly links to my debit card just so i can remotely pay some car parking fee nor will I pay via some website,  I'll be sticking to the old fashioned way of shoving grubby coins into a machine whilst mumbling about the cost of parking, if nothing else at least I wont get hacked paying that way...just hacked off  :lol: 

All very well if you have a super smart does everything but make phone calls phone.

But mine does not do apps, just about does text messages, does make phone calls though which is all i ask of a mobile phone that i only need for emergencies such as texts from Mrs Sid asking what time i will be home before i have even closed the front door to go out. :lol: :lol:

apps are great until something goes wrong with the phone such as a flat battery or the update that completely wipes all the info from it. (happened to my brother twice until he turned the updates off and threw the thing across the room in frustration). i would also be worried about those pay by phone ones that they are advertising where you can use your phone for contactless payment. Call me a Luddite but i don't trust technology that far given the current level of cyber crime.

My phone is a smart phone and would do it if I was inclined to use it for that but to me a mobile is for making phone calls or texting and nothing else.  Surely there is no way my mobile can be as secure as my home computer as the latter has all sorts of virus/malware/banking protection installed.  I've no idea if my mobile has anything like that so no way would I ever use it to pay for something or to link to my bank account.card/paypal etc.

Guess I'm just paranoid though but better to be safe than sorry :D