Immigration?

observer

Just for future reference Observer, So you trust the ONS figures on everything :?:

and I see no reason for the ONS to fabricate figures

You do not have to say anything, anything you do say may be given as evidence. :lol::wink:

I might just quote some ONS figures at you in future debates :wink::lol:

LT,

I'm still waiting for your response to my question about the MEP's ripping off their expenses.... no answer has been forthcoming yet. Are you waiting to be able to bury it under a particularly busy posting day!! :lol:

I'm talking about all of them matey.... every jack one of them are ripping us off to the tune of millions every year... and you just fob it off with a typical response we have come to accept from a Euro Collaborator!

It's right across the board: we've had Labour Lords taking back handers for influencing legislation, and now a Labour Mayor accused of corruption whilst in office - only difference is, in Brussels the ?amounts are that much greater! :wink: Seems, even if the rules are adhered to, an MEP can become a ?millionaire in 5 years! :twisted:

Kyje; I'll qualify my confidence in the ONS, by saying: like a computer, their outputs are only as good as the information that is entered. :wink: The situation, it seems, is much worse than their figures suggest; as by definition, "illegal" entrants into the UK will endevour NOT to record their presence. :shock: This has now been highlighted by a study commissioned by the Mayor of London, which estimates the number of "illegal" residents in the UK to be around 750,000 (Gov figures est around 300,000); three-quarters of whom are in the London area. :roll: A clear indication that this Government hasn't got a clue who's coming into the Country and perhaps worse, don't really care. :twisted:

Observer

The only real way of stopping economic migration is to bring other countries up to an economic standard similar to our own. I can not see any Western country spending that amount of money on another country. People in the UK might not like them coming over here but we can not blame them for trying. People moan on this site when the richer EU countries give money to the poorer ones, very short sited in my view but there you go. :wink:

Yes some come for our welfare system but the majority come to work :!::wink: :wink:

The only long term solution is a more equal sharing of the Worlds wealth

On your point about funding "poor Countries", which in principle I share (can't avoid "danegeld" can we?!): ?billions are already being paid in international aid by tax-payers in most "rich" countries; problem is; it ends up being creamed off by corrupt politicians in those countries, what aid (in the form of food) gets down to ordinary people, creates a dependency culture and in their ignorance, they continue to create more mouths to feed in lands that can't sustain such population levels. :shock: Much better, to provide (physically), the infrastructure and skills, to sustain a capacity for self sustaining economies. :roll: On the other point about "securing" our borders: TV News tonight filmed illegals (Morocans) hiding in bushes outside Calais, then jumping onto the back of slow moving HGVs. :shock: Obviously, our French EU neighbour doesn't give a toss, cos they're on their way to the UK. :twisted: The checks at our ports and airports are pathetic, and even when caught, they put them in holding camps where the human rights lawyers can get to them and plead for assylum - rather than empowering the border guards to return them to Country of origin asap. :evil: So, a complete and utter shambles - and it won't be long before the toga wearing liberal elite will be pushing the idea through parliament of a complete amnesty. :shock: BTW those immigrants with families, bring four or five mouths to feed, a couple of kids to educate, all on benefits and all an additional drain on local authority resources. :twisted:

The Government has decided to charge ?50 for each visa application by non-EU nationals entering the UK to work or study. :? They calculate that this will bring in the ?70million required to fund the additional services required of Local Authorities. :? Errm, now what's ?70million divided by ?50? :? Now at great risk of getting the sum wrong - I calculate that they expect an influx of 1.4million immigrants - presumably to add to the EU immigrants that havn't gone back to Poland etc; and the estimated 750,000 "illegals" who they can't trace. :shock: One of the limp reasons for the charge put forward was; that it would help pay for Council translation services. :roll: Errm, simple answer for that one - NO ONE gets a UK visa unless they can speak (and read/write) ENGLISH - sorted. :twisted:

I do not agree at all with Observer last post, in fact I would call it flaming :!:

I don't mind debate :wink: but this clearly is not :!: It is nothing more than an attempt to inflame :!:

Why Lt?

If this government are thinking about introducing this, what is wrong with debating it? Or should it be swept under the carpet so us plebs don't get to hear about it?

I calculate that they

I had no idea that Observer was qualified in Statistics :!: Its called flaming :!:

All his so called calculations are based on estimates :!::!: there is no accurate figures so he is flaming or scare mongering at the very least, I just hope people see though what he is trying to do, I expected better from him :!: Immigration is a very touchy subject any way his post did nothing to help or further the debate. It was a cheap shot :!::!::!::evil:

What's the problem Kyje; is this your new Euro world talking? :shock: Hide the facts from the people, that don't suit your "liberal" agenda? :shock: The figures: namely ?50 per visa and ?70million target, were given out on the News by a GOVERNMENT MINISTER - divide one into the other - = the number they are counting on to meet their target - simple maths, nothing more. :roll: The pinko liberal elite that control policy in this Country, are basically stoking up a mega social distaster for the future, all in the name of their misguided, untested and impractical dreamworld - sadly it will all end in tears. :cry::twisted:

I calculate that they

I had no idea that Observer was qualified in Statistics :!: Its called flaming :!:

All his so called calculations are based on estimates :!::!: there is no accurate figures so he is flaming or scare mongering at the very least, I just hope people see though what he is trying to do, I expected better from him :!: Immigration is a very touchy subject any way his post did nothing to help or further the debate. It was a cheap shot :!::!::!::evil:

AHAA!!! Global warming explained!!! No accurate figures available so the warmists are flaming or scare mongering thus causing the"atmosphere" to warm up. it all comes clear now so I will rush out tomorrow anf buy myself a computer model. :?:?

When the Left Tenant hasn't got a response that is valid he becomes a flaming nuisance to deflect the debate, Maths not one of your favourite subjects, Loo?

BTW, remind me which post was the actual cheap shot? My money is on your flaming reference.

The translation service is a valid argument, the immigrants should provide their own.

They calculate that this will bring in the ?70million required to fund the additional services required of Local Authorities. Errm, now what's ?70million divided by ?50? Now at great risk of getting the sum wrong - I calculate that they expect an influx of 1.4million immigrants

So every single person going for a Uk visa is going to out stay there welcome, I think you will find the majority who apply for one actually use it properly. Observer have you got a figure for how many people apply for a visa use it properly and go home. Have you got a percentage figure for those people who apply for a visa and don't go home compared to the people who use them properly.

Eagle if I have a problem with maths you have a problem reading.

A quick look at observers stats table, I estimate some people on this forum are racist :!::wink:

You are WRONG obsever because you make the assumption that everyone going for a visa is going to be an illegal immigrant,make's good reading for the likes of Eagle who knows no better and makes a good headline, Coming from someone like you who knows better it was a cheap shot :wink:

Asperity, I will be watching as you try to hold back the sea like Canute :lol::wink: