for those who are interested

Evil Sid

Gary, when the subject of gritters came up at the end of December a few folk were claiming that the gritters had not been out.  I contacted the council through Facebook and they said that all major routes had been gritted throughout the cold snap.  WWW could contact the Council and see who is telling the truth?  Put an intrepid reporter on the case and if none are available you can do it :wink:

According to the forecast (and my iPhone weather app) we were supposed to get snow from about 10 last night.... imagine my disappointment when I woke up and the ground is only "slightly damp" with not a snowflake in sight...... and the weather forecast has changed and no mention of snow for us anywhere :(

According to the forecast (and my iPhone weather app) we were supposed to get snow from about 10 last night.... imagine my disappointment when I woke up and the ground is only "slightly damp" with not a snowflake in sight...... and the weather forecast has changed and no mention of snow for us anywhere :(

Damned good those gritters :wink:

As the roads were gritted last night and it never froze standby for a rush of complaints about the Council wasting our money needlessly gritting the streets :wink: