Longest Roads

Coffee

If you go on google maps and do a route along the various roads manchester road works out at 6.4 miles (that is the length marked as manchester road anyway)

Chester road using the same method comes out at 6.3 miles.

The laughable thing is that it says travel time for both routes is around 14 minutes.(based on a travel start time of 3 minutes past midnight on a sunday night it is probably possible.) only problem you have is that google maps do not show the boundaries of warrington so difficult to plot some of the other roads such as liverpool road and the ones heading that way.

wilson patten street. sometimes takes hour to get to bridge foot :mrgreen:

Coffee, are you a taxi driver looking for the longest route or is there another reason for wanting to know which is the longest road?

Very funny, I guess Wilson Patten St wins the tittle then. Not a taxi driver just curious.

If you go on google maps and do a route along the various roads manchester road works out at 6.4 miles (that is the length marked as manchester road anyway)

Chester road using the same method comes out at 6.3 miles.

The laughable thing is that it says travel time for both routes is around 14 minutes.(based on a travel start time of 3 minutes past midnight on a sunday night it is probably possible.) only problem you have is that google maps do not show the boundaries of warrington so difficult to plot some of the other roads such as liverpool road and the ones heading that way.

I once measured Manchester Rd from Church St to Warberton Rd at 4.5 miles but might be wrong

It is marked as manchester road on the map from hollins green back into warrington to cockhedge green roundabout which is the bit I marked out.

Chester road i took to be from bridge foot roundabout through to murdishaw roundabout.

Having found a map showing boundaries for warrngton borough chester road leaves warrington just before the runcorn expressway turning whereas manchester road in completly in teh warrington boundaries.