Workmen using the toilet in your home!

algy

I suppose two bottles of Polish Vodka is a definite no as well.

Curry is a damn site worse, that's why I started the thread, we had two lads carry out work for us from a company that we have used many times over the last eight years, one guy asked if he could use the toilet my reply was yes, no problem, however there was a proble, and he caused it, I went in the bathroom probably ten minutes after him and the stench was sickening to say the least, with the toilet pan soiled very badly, when I tackled him all I received was a shrug of the shoulders and the word bad curry muttered, so as far as I'm concerned when requested again the answer will be a definite NO!, in fact I shall make it clear before any job starts that the toilet is off limits.

A tip handed down by Katie Boyle (remember her?) many years ago and works everytime. When someone uses the toilet and creates a bad smell, strike a match and the smell has gone instantly.

Well aware of that one Cleo, I struck four matches one after the other and then sprayed with air freshener plus the window was open and you could still smell it, I don't know about a bad curry I'm of the opinion he ate a gangrenous rat, it was so bad that I wouldnt let mrs algy in there for about half an hour, plus I had to clean the mess up, I was within an inch of reporting the guy for his attitude but mrs algy persuaded me against doing so as her reasoning was that in this day and age it easier to lose a job than find one.

What's a breaking up stick?

Clearly you have never been camping or in a touring caravan Cleo   (I hasten to add that I have never needed a stick myself but I know someone who has... it was actually a small but sturdy twig off a nearby tree but still makes me laugh to this day )

Presume it was a while ago Alg; if those workmen were on time and a tird ?!

It happened last Weds, obs. Wouldn't have been too bad if it had been a 'floater' but it was a spray job. :D

(I worked part time on hotel maintenance for ten years so plenty of experience with blocked toilets etc, so imagine how bad it was to make me feel sick!)

Apologies to those who are reading this post while eating breakfast!. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe they could dig holes in your garden like on a battlefield or stand & water your privets !  Get a grip !

Watering wouldn't be a problem, it's the spreading of untreated fertilizer that's the problem!, anyway Davy - what's to grip. :unsure: