3D Printers

Cleopatra

My Kodak 'all in one printer' which is just over 2 1/2 years old can (or could until the print head went a short while ago) could do 3D printing.  Not a bad size and really cheap to run.

I was forever getting messages that it could do 3D when I used it via it's AiO centre (the thing that ran and updated it) but must admit I never bothered trying.

I think you had to take two pics slightly offset and it merged them in some clever way with the Red Green Blues way so you could view through 3d glasses.

I guess the newer ones you mention probably do it a different way though Cleo if they are expensive like you say.

Oooh sorry.. I thought Cleo and Asp meant old style 3d pictures and silly glasses.

I'd have one of those you posted though Baz although not really sure what I, or any normal person, would do with it. 

That's another thing off my shopping list tonight... my other half will be so pleased   :lol:

Saying that could it replicate detailed miniatures of buildings or say a piece of machinery or even roman artefacts from just a photo?  Now there's a thought, want to go halves ?  :lol:

Dizzy they can do all of those things and even make copies of faces and a couple of friends produced a working bicycle. It looked a bit wobbly when one of them tried it out but that could be due to his lack of riding skill as much as anything. some people do have one already and making loads of things with them but I should imagine they have a lot of space to accomodate the machine.

At the end of that video there are other videos, Dizzy, and the first one - 3D Printshow London answers your questions as to what you can replicate with them.

Just a thought - if you had a 3D Printer could you use it to replicate others to sell ?:wink:

Saw one of those many many years back. Great for producing prototype parts to try out before actual manufacture. Big problem with that was that even though you could produce the drawing and "print" it out on one of those machines did not always mean that the part could be manufactured under normal conditions.

One use would be to produce those little action figurines with face of a relative on. Believe there is a firm somewhere that is doing that will have to have a troll round and see if i can find a link for them as are interested.

At the end of that video there are other videos, Dizzy, and the first one - 3D Printshow London answers your questions as to what you can replicate with them.

Cheers Cleo, I just watched the 3D Printshow one you mentioned.  WOW They are amazing and I REALLY WANT ONE !!! 

I think I'll buy a couple of extra lottery tickets tonight.  :)

Minor problem Cleo and where there's a need will there's a way.  You've got a huge house haven't you ?  I might just evict my son from his large bedroom and shove him in the out house with a matress and TV  :lol: