Camera Stores In Warrington

Try Wilkinson's in the Mall. It's a small shop, with a small selection of various cameras and lenses, but offer very good service, and are very knowledgeable. And if you want passport photos, they do them for very little more than what it would cost using a booth (which can be prone to failure!) 

Try Wilkinson's in the Mall. It's a small shop, with a small selection of various cameras and lenses, but offer very good service, and are very knowledgeable. And if you want passport photos, they do them for very little more than what it would cost using a booth (which can be prone to failure!) 

Cheers , I'm after a Circular Polarizing Filter so i'll try there 

They do sell filters and all the usual add-ons. From my few dealings with them I have no complaints, always found them very helpful. Agree that Amazon can be cheaper, but sometimes good advice in a shop can be invaluable to avoid buying the wrong thing!

I bought a 52mm Circular Polarizing Filter from Amazon the other week, half the price of one quoted from the shop in Golden Square, however if you require one for next week not a practicable option. Just a tip -  by turning the ring on a circular polariser you can adjust the amount of the effect it will create. They work best when the lens is pointed at 90 degrees to the sun, in other words the sun is on your left or right, not in front or behind. They are also useful wherever you want deeper colour saturation too, such as on foliage, it cuts out the reflection of the white sky on glossy leaves and foliage for landscape shots.

Make sure you buy a good quality filter and as slim as you can obtain, as if the filter is too thick it will produce vignetting (dark shadow ghosting) in the corner of your shots.

Advice obtained from the internet:-

Leave it on whenever shooting outside, sometimes inside & shooting close-up flowers and it does a good job at removing unwanted glare thus keeping colours rich.Most noticeable when shooting sunsets over the sea, and scenarios where you'll get a lot of unwanted reflected light.Very noticeable effect from water. Also leave it on whenever not using camera/lens as protection. Can screw in lens hood(if that type) or other filters, such as UV filter (if required?) The lens cap fits into aswell.

Apologies if you are aware of the above information Darren, just trying to help.

I bought a 52mm Circular Polarizing Filter from Amazon the other week, half the price of one quoted from the shop in Golden Square, however if you require one for next week not a practicable option. Just a tip -  by turning the ring on a circular polariser you can adjust the amount of the effect it will create. They work best when the lens is pointed at 90 degrees to the sun, in other words the sun is on your left or right, not in front or behind. They are also useful wherever you want deeper colour saturation too, such as on foliage, it cuts out the reflection of the white sky on glossy leaves and foliage for landscape shots.

Make sure you buy a good quality filter and as slim as you can obtain, as if the filter is too thick it will produce vignetting (dark shadow ghosting) in the corner of your shots.

Advice obtained from the internet:-

Leave it on whenever shooting outside, sometimes inside & shooting close-up flowers and it does a good job at removing unwanted glare thus keeping colours rich.Most noticeable when shooting sunsets over the sea, and scenarios where you'll get a lot of unwanted reflected light.Very noticeable effect from water. Also leave it on whenever not using camera/lens as protection. Can screw in lens hood(if that type) or other filters, such as UV filter (if required?) The lens cap fits into aswell.

Apologies if you are aware of the above information Darren, just trying to help.

A 52 mm is what i'm after too , i expect to take lots of pics with water and sun so need to filter primarily cut out glare 

They do sell filters and all the usual add-ons. From my few dealings with them I have no complaints, always found them very helpful. Agree that Amazon can be cheaper, but sometimes good advice in a shop can be invaluable to avoid buying the wrong thing!

There is an old saying "use it or lose it" and if we truely want traditional shops we should use them where ever possible or we will soon have a ghost town...except for supermarkets and pound shops and surely we don't want that to happen.

There is an old saying "use it or lose it" and if we truely want traditional shops we should use them where ever possible or we will soon have a ghost town...except for supermarkets and pound shops and surely we don't want that to happen.

I agree with you on principle LL, but honestly what choice is there when a filter for your camera is £18 free postage on the internetagainst driving into Warrington, paying to park then paying £42 for the exactly the same product, the problem is that the shops in Golden square are paying astronomical rents to WBC or whoever, consequently they can't be competetive. No contest!.

They are not hard to find Wolfiebut there are polarising filters and polarising filters, the best in my opinion are Hoya and you wont find them for that price!,