What's all the fuss about?

observer

Why does everyone seem to think that the west being in Afghanistan and Iraq and the likes will "turn the musslims against us"?

remember who flew them planes into the World Trade Centre? they was musslims and they did it before we "invaded" Afghanistan, Iraq, Mali or anywhere else for that matter....

there was never any winning of hearts and minds because the enemy already despises the west, despises what we here stand for and will not rest until we are defeated. There is no resoning with them and no negotiations. They hack the heads off prisoners with rusty knives and film it to show on you tube.... faith and religion are what should be banned; not drones and other forms of "protection\"

If that is the case Baz, Why not draw an Iron curtain around the whole of the muslim world?

I don't know what the answer is Kije.... but all I do know is that from what I see and read, the muslim lifestyle and whole ethos seems totally incompatible with the lives we lead in the west.

Our tolerant lifestyle allows people from many religions to come and live here and to carry on practising their faiths whereas the reverse would just not be tolerated. As I have said before, my immediate neighbours are muslims and very nice they are too but they all seem to spend more time in Pakistan than the do here.... maybe its just me that can't get my head round it but personally I would not want to drag my family half way around the world to move to a totally alien country and rather than try and fit in; try and keep things the same as they were in the country I had moved from.

I don't know what the answer is Kije.... but all I do know is that from what I see and read, the muslim lifestyle and whole ethos seems totally incompatible with the lives we lead in the west.

Our tolerant lifestyle allows people from many religions to come and live here and to carry on practising their faiths whereas the reverse would just not be tolerated. As I have said before, my immediate neighbours are muslims and very nice they are too but they all seem to spend more time in Pakistan than the do here.... maybe its just me that can't get my head round it but personally I would not want to drag my family half way around the world to move to a totally alien country and rather than try and fit in; try and keep things the same as they were in the country I had moved from.

I could go along with that Baz.

Interesting point Davy, can I take it that you now believe terrorists will stop 'hitting back?' 

I would expect the terrorist to hit back in there most effective & efficient way which is by way of remote control bombs ,IEDs , hi jacks etc..But what is a terrorist ? I am sure the Germans & the Vichy government thought that about the resistance movement ,or do the people of Palestine & the Arab world in general view the state of Israel as a terrorist state because it has taken over their lands . Basically one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter & it all depends which side of the fence you are standing on .

I would expect the terrorist to hit back in there most effective & efficient way which is by way of remote control bombs ,IEDs , hi jacks etc..But what is a terrorist ? I am sure the Germans & the Vichy government thought that about the resistance movement ,or do the people of Palestine & the Arab world in general view the state of Israel as a terrorist state because it has taken over their lands . Basically one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter & it all depends which side of the fence you are standing on .

So you don't believe that terrorists (freedom fighters) will stop hitting back?

When we're talking about "terrorists", we're not talking about a Nation State; but groups that operate within States, using the general population as shields or cover to melt into.  It's not about Muslims per say, but about extreme fanatics, be they some US Nazi survivalists, IRA dissidents or Religious extremists; all will be engaged in some form of conspiracy to kill and get the oxygen of publicity for their cause, however deluded. This war is ongoing, possibly permanent and of necessity, counter operations will be covert. Many plots will be identified by our security services, through intelligence led policing, and the would be terrorists caught, charged, tried and imprisoned prior to doing us any damage. However, some will get through and some will operate from based in failed States, where our normal judicial agencies are unable to operate. Therefore, it follows, that pre-emptive strikes against identified members of such groups (such as Al Quaeda),  are undertaken, using the most suitable weapons or troops, to eliminate such threats in the most surgical manner, and with minimal risk and exposure to our own personel.

• Upvote 1

That's rich coming from you Lt, in your last post but one are the following spelling errors:-

Presise, Hense, civillion, casulties.

How on earth do you expect to be taken seriously.

When posting from my phone algy, I cannot spell check, and you should try posting from a phone, also cannot do smilies from my phone

I am  sure Wolfie that terrorists  will never stop hitting back  so as Obs said governments need to protect their citizens & borders by whatever means necessary . The great problem is that terrorists  only need to be lucky once to cause carnage whereas governments need to be lucky every time to prevent the carnage so we can all be thankful that our governments are doing whatever they can to protect us from the murderous acts of terrorism by whatever means necessary.