Civil Aircraft in the Air.

algy

Civil aircraft in the air as of 1245 hrs today, there will be many more not accounted for that have not been detected by the 'Planefinder' transponder amature ground receivers

ScreenShot003.jpg

Well portayed Algy, Perhaps many of us don't really appreciate just how busy our skies are. On a cool clear morning, I look skywards and count the jet trails. They are the planes that are above a certain height, others lower down you can't see. I counted 22 trails the other morning above our house.

It can be quite handy if you know the flight of somebody you have to pick up from the airport you can track it and time your departure to get there with the minimum of waiting.

Not really an anorak just that many things peak interest at times, some may last many years some a few months. One of the reasons I probably know a little about a lot of things.

It can be quite handy if you know the flight of somebody you have to pick up from the airport you can track it and time your departure to get there with the minimum of waiting.

Not really an anorak just that many things peak interest at times, some may last many years some a few months. One of the reasons I probably know a little about a lot of things.

Do it myself on a regular basis Sid, this one is a Spanish based tracking site and handy if you need to track all the way into Spanish air space:-

http://www.localizatodo.com/mapa/

did you know that there is a simulated 'cokpit' view on flightradar24 that enables you to view the landing (blue button on the left side of the screen).

Oh deary me :lol::lol::wink:

Is there a similar thing for tracking boats on say the Bridgewater Canal (stationary or mobile) on a daily basis ?

You a boat spotting anorak then lovie? I once knew a young man who was. Blimey! He knew every ship and dates and times they would enter/leave Liverpool. He lived (lived it is) and talked about nothing else but ships! :blink:

There isn't one for canal barges but there is the ships ais one which track ships around the world though.

ShipAIS - Current AIS map

if you sign up to the website (free) you can even select ships to add to your own personal fleet and receive emails of their comings and going from various locations.

Saw an article on the news the other night where they were fitting gps chips to ants to track their movements, can't wait for that to appear on the web :rolleyes:

There isn't one for canal barges but there is the ships ais one which track ships around the world though.

ShipAIS - Current AIS map

if you sign up to the website (free) you can even select ships to add to your own personal fleet and receive emails of their comings and going from various locations.

Hey Sid, I've been an AIS member for a couple of years and never knew that, I have just been on site but can't find that facility, can you point me to it please.

if you click on a ship it gives you a box with a photo and description,There are also some links you can click on. one of them is more actions. click on this and at the bottom is add to my fleet. this will take you to a page that asks for an email address and password. click on not subscribed and enter the details in the required fields and then submit. you will then get a confirmation email and once activated an email every time the ship you pick enters or leaves a port.

if you click on a ship it gives you a box with a photo and description,There are also some links you can click on. one of them is more actions. click on this and at the bottom is add to my fleet. this will take you to a page that asks for an email address and password. click on not subscribed and enter the details in the required fields and then submit. you will then get a confirmation email and once activated an email every time the ship you pick enters or leaves a port.

Thanks Sid much appreciated, it will give this anorack a bit more to do, did you know that on Flightradar24 you can watch aircraft land on a simulated cockpit window view by clicking the left blue button on the chosen tracked aircraft flight, starts a bit slow but once loaded is very good.

ScreenShot002-1.jpg

I am on holiday at the moment and have been since the kids finished school, come tuesday I have four days of work and then don't know as our company has lost the contract that I worked on so I may not have a job as such, But don't feel sorry for me as I am looking forward to an early retirement again and more time to take mothers to hospital, dogs for a walk, painting in the yard, gate building, visiting all those relatives and friends etc etc that I did not get to do when I was working, which was one of the main reasons I took the job in the first place. :blink:

In fact my life is so busy it is a wonder I ever found time to work