observer

If you were the Judge?

An uninsured woman who drove, whilst twice over the DD limit, for 20 minutes against the flow of M/Way traffic; has been jailed for 9 months and banned from driving. What would you have given her? :unsure: :unsure:

A really hefty fine and banned for life. Or/And a

long stay in Rampton for the criminally insane.

On second thoughts, put her in Rampton and forget about her.

In effect, aside from attempted suicide, this could be construed as attempted murder - of some totally law abiding innocent person(s) travelling in the opposite (correct) direction. :shock:

She also has a driving ban until she can prove that she has got over her alcohol addiction problem.

Nothing wrong with living dangerously. :wink::unsure::blink::shock:

Good job she ran out of petrol, or she might have got to WA4. :roll:

Generally speaking I belong to the hang em and flog em brigade, but in this case - while the punishment ostensibly doesn't fit the crime - the judge has got it about right considering who he is dealing with.

Happy days

Addictions, like drinking, are never cured, they are merely put on hold until the individual decides to drink again. In a case like this, revoke the privilege of driving for life and lock the offender away (with no option for early release), for as long as it takes for a "panel" to agree that he/she have "changed their ways". This is not a cure either, but with Justice systems being what they are, it is probably the best that can be done. We have had instances of "drunk drivers" being back on the road and still licensed and killing again, Is this the "addicted's) problem or the systems?

An uninsured woman who drove, whilst twice over the DD limit, for 20 minutes against the flow of M/Way traffic; has been jailed for 9 months and banned from driving. What would you have given her? :unsure: :unsure:

AND retake her test when the ban runs out. If that was done more often it may have a dramatic effect on people like her doing stupid things on the road......

Addictions, like drinking, are never cured, they are merely put on hold until the individual decides to drink again. In a case like this, revoke the privilege of driving for life and lock the offender away (with no option for early release), for as long as it takes for a "panel" to agree that he/she have "changed their ways". This is not a cure either, but with Justice systems being what they are, it is probably the best that can be done. We have had instances of "drunk drivers" being back on the road and still licensed and killing again, Is this the "addicted's) problem or the systems?

You are joking right?

We have serial politicians and judges who aren't interested in punishing people. Until the people start complaining big time, nothing will change.

They are now discovering "genetic dispositions" for all sorts of things. perhaps genetic screening and euthanasia could provide the "upstream" solution?! :shock::wink: :wink:

Is it me or is their something Germanic about weeding out bad genes :unsure: And who decides what is a bad gene, Mother nature has been doing it for millions of years :wink:

I support euthanasia

How can you support euthanasia, but not the death penalty? You advocate death for people who have done nothing wrong, but support life for those that have...... a true liberal Kije!

I advocate, that people who want to end their own life should be allowed to do so Baz

so if a murderer were to say..... "I really want and deserve to die for what I did"..... what would you do then?

If anyone wants to end their own life, For me it is a choice they should be free to make, whether they are repentant murderers or people who have a wasting disease or whatever

Suicide is still illegal..... you are advocating criminality... that won't go down well at the annual toga wearers convention