How much would you pay?

observer

Watched some members of the public interviewed on the news, as to how much they would be prepared to pay for booze, if taxes were increased to deter binge drinking - if they were an average sample it would seem Alister has got lots of scope for a tax take - one of them said he'd still be drinking if it was five times the price! :shock: Perhaps he was an alki though! :wink:

If they were to prosecute the binge drinkers instead of persecuting the sensible drinkers I would agree, but in typical Nu Labour (we know better) fashion, it will be a two footed lunge that will raise more taxes and achieve bugger all as a result.

For every blind drunk idiot on the streets there are thousands of others enjoying social drinking with friends and family. Surely it would be wrong to penalise all these people for the odd fool who is rolling drunk in the gutter ?

The anti-booze loonies are also the same people who are anti-everything else as well...Cars, fags, planes, coal etc etc. They are extremely interested in controlling all of our lives. Total control is their ultimate goal.

f they were to prosecute the binge drinkers instead of persecuting the sensible drinkers I would agree, but in typical Nu Labour (we know better) fashion, it will be a two footed lunge that will raise more taxes and achieve bugger all as a result.

Nice attack on Labour Baz, But I think the Tory party are planning to do the same :wink: Does that now make it a good idea :?::wink: