Immigration?

observer

Unfortunately the British Government in their wisdom denied my children dual nationality on the grounds of non-recognition of their British maternal ancestorage - the fact that it goes back just as far as any paternal ancestors counts for nothing - Consequently the priviledge of choice cannot be granted to them. What an insult.

Seems "illegals" get everywhere!

"An illegal immigrant was part of the security team responsible for the safety of Prime Minister Gordon Brown, it has been revealed.

Marouane Bourannane was caught with a fake French passport and even had a picture of himself and Gordon Brown taken at last week's Labour Conference on his mobile phone.

Worryingly he had already been vetted by the security company working alongside police protecting senior political figures - but he has been unmasked as a fraud travelling on a false passport

Bourannane, a 35-year-old Algerian, was trapped by an eagle eyed Special Branch officer as he prepared to guard Conservative leader David Cameron."

Daily Mail.

I hold my head in my hands in despair......more and more checks more and more failures........General Election.....bring it on! :D

[ 01.10.2007, 16:04: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

The latest on the Immigration front; is the Police crackdown on the trafficking of young girls into the UK, for prostitution; which is all part and parcel of the Government's incapacity/reluctance to get a grip of the situation, by deporting each and every illegal entrant as soon as they are found. :roll:

Given Observer's post, one can understand the rise of political organisations such as the BNP in parts of the country.

I was talking to somebody the other week who used to work in a warehouse on ?6.50 per hour, the rate was reduced to ?5.50 and all of the warhouse staff are now Polish. The annual gross rate based on 40 hours per week was ?13,520 and is now ?11,440....of which there will be PAYE deductions. The average property in Warrington is I guess about ?150,000 and the cheapest just looking through this week's paper is, offers over ?50,000 for a 2 bed terrace in need of modernisation.....even says "Work Needed" on the ad. The dearest is here in Appleton, a new build at ?1,775,000 ( stamp duty alone on that house would be ?71,000).

[ 07.10.2007, 15:03: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

See the Government are to grant refugee status to all the interpreters (and presumably their families?); which means a load of Iraqis comming to the UK? :o Errrm, thought we'd provided them with a democratic Government and a peacefull enviroment - or has that all been spin?! :confused: :x

• 3 weeks later...

New Labour's Minister for Immigration actually confessed on TV tonight, "that they couldn't account for where/who the extra 300,000 immigrants were", that have recently been estimated in the total of 1.1 million that have arrived here since 1998. :roll: He added, that this is due to the Government ceasing to count heads in and out; and confessed that this had "been a mistake" - BIG MISTAKE, as any nightclub doorman will know. :roll: SO; along comes young Davy Cameron with "his limits" on numbers spin and his border guards (our National doormen). :o A freeze on all new immigration and the reintroduction of the visa system, based on the principle of application at our Embassies in their Country of origin. :o And of course, the deportation of two full Prison loads asap; which should cost less than the ?150million spent todate, for shuffling prisoners around the Country. :x

To put the issue into context: one third of the population of Boston (Lincs) and one sixth of the population of Crewe are now Polish; not all of whom will be in work i.e. dependent families; who will be consummers of public services. :roll: Half the estimated increase in our National population over the next couple of decades is ascribed to immigration. :o The optimum population density for the UK (according to some experts) is 36million; the projected figure is double that. :o

In light of Observer's final comment, what happened to the global pandemic of bird flu that was heading our way. Remember what Thomas Malthus wrote all those years ago :wink:

On a more serious note, with such population increases in Boston and Crewe, one can understand the strain that the local services must be under, especially if, as I suspect, a large number of the people have poor English language skills. I hope that rather than using money translating leaflets etc into other languages, English classes are being provided instead.