Gender Roles

algy

Gender Roles

A news reporter for a national newspaper had done a story on gender roles in Kuwait several years before the Gulf War, and she noted then that women customarily walked about 10 feet behind their husbands.

She returned to Kuwait after the war and observed that the men now walked several yards behind their wives.

The reporter approached one of the women for an explanation. “This is marvelous,” she said. “What enabled women here to achieve this reversal of roles?”

The Kuwaiti woman replied, “Land mines.”.

When people ask me why do muslim women walk behind their husbands I tell them, the husbands  walk ahead to make sure the way ahead is safe for their wives.

In all seriousness women in Kuwait walk beside their husbands not in front or behind. It's those kind of jokes that cause misconception.

I might allow myself to laugh at your joke sometime next week Algy, me ould punster.

When people ask me why do muslim women walk behind their husbands I tell them, the husbands  walk ahead to make sure the way ahead is safe for their wives.

In all seriousness women in Kuwait walk beside their husbands not in front or behind. It's those kind of jokes that cause misconception.

I might allow myself to laugh at your joke sometime next week Algy, me ould punster.

Oh go on florence ave' a giggle. :wink::D :D