Southport airshow - Masters of the Sky

indy

think it is on every year and as far as i know you do not have to pre-book but then again I may be getting it mixed up with the new brighton show in that respect. will ask the brother in-law next time I bump into him as he went this year and as far as I know every year previous as he is into that sort of thing.

just had a quick look on the web and found this. http://www.visitsouthport.com/whats-on/air-show

was at one of the new brighton ones when they had a harrier jump jet strutting it's stuff. very impressive and very noisy. Quite scary to hear this rushing roaring sound and to watch as it slowly rises above the sea wall, very intimidating if you are on the wrong side I would think. Also very spectacular when from a hover it tilted to about 45 degrees and then just accelerated away climbing until it was almost out of sight.

The show is on every year and you don’t have to book in advance although it’s cheaper if you do. The only problem with the show is the late time year makes the weather a bit unpredictable. I go every year and its generally good but a couple of year’s back it ended up being cancelled just an hour into the event and no refunds!

This year we didn’t actually go into the show area but just watched from the boating lake area. This saved us a load of money and allowed the kids to do all the things they’d normally do on a day out to Southport. Word of warning, the traffic is horrendous so you need to get there as early as possible and be prepared to stay a bit later to avoid the queues.

Bill :)

The show is on every year and you don’t have to book in advance although it’s cheaper if you do. The only problem with the show is the late time year makes the weather a bit unpredictable. I go every year and its generally good but a couple of year’s back it ended up being cancelled just an hour into the event and no refunds!

This year we didn’t actually go into the show area but just watched from the boating lake area. This saved us a load of money and allowed the kids to do all the things they’d normally do on a day out to Southport. Word of warning, the traffic is horrendous so you need to get there as early as possible and be prepared to stay a bit later to avoid the queues.

Bill :)

The best way is to drive to Parbold train station as we did, got the train to Southport and bak. Just £4 each return. WE got into Southport at 10am. Left airshow at 4.45pm and back into Warrington for 6pm. avoids all the road traffic doing it that way 8)

Amazing and scarey all in one :shock::D:D

Is the airshow on every year and do you have to prebook tickets of anything as I'm definately going next time if it is on.

Exellent video Indy and very well done :wink:

Cheers Dizzy, next weekend I am at Middlewich filming the World War II festival includingarmy and battle re-enactments, life in Middlewich in the war, all sorts of great things happening including a spitfire flypast. The event runs from Friday 21st to sunday 23rd 8)