Southport Airshow Spectacular - 21st Anniversary

indy

:) The Southport Airshow held over the weekend of 8th & 9th September was a great event with classic aircraft from the II World War right through to the modern fighters of today. See for yourself some of the action that I filmed on Sunday 9th including the awe inspiring Vulcan Bomber !!

Here is a link to the film ......

Just watched it an all I can say Indy is WOW... EEK... BLIMEY... FANTASTIC....EEK ! :D

Must admit that at the bit just over one minute in with the two helicopters freaked me out a little as that looked a bit too close and I grabbed my chair, and later on the 'wing walker' (if that's what they are called) had the same effect on me too. :shock:

Glad I watched it all from the 'safety' of my own home after all.

Excellent and well very filmed Indy :D

errm why why are all the 'Top Gun' songs now going around in my head and why am whistling them :oops:

My other half is likely so walk past me any minute and either wack me or wrap parcel tape around my mouth I guess <_<

I go to the Southport show every year now especially since my grandson became totally obsessed with the Red Arrows, having seen them at an air show while on holiday a few years back. It’s a great day out for all the family because there’s plenty to see and do in Southport even if your not into the aeroplanes.

I find it quite moving to see the Battle of Britain group doing their flypast and it always brings a lump to my throat and even though its enthusiasts that fly these machines these days, I’m sure they do so with the greatest respect for the original pilots.

But to be truthful the fast jets are the real show stealers shaking the very ground we stand on and sending the seabirds scattering in all directions. Nothing I can say can get anywhere near describing the intense sound these things make when they turn on the afterburners and go into a vertical climb. Your whole body literally shakes and resonates so violently in a way you can’t imagine. Then you watch the thing fly and it’s the weirdest thing because it does things that normal aircraft just shouldn’t be able to do. I’m sure there’s going be a part 2 to Indies video that will show exactly what I mean.

Bill :)