'Liquitabs' Warning after Children Burned

Dizzy

I'm sure most sensible parents keep detergents etc out of reach of little hands but thought I'd post this anyway.

Doctors are warning about the dangers of 'liquitabs' used in washing machines and dishwashers, after treating some children for near fatal injuries.

more here......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19478225

I'm sure most parents do those things as standard, I know when our lad was young it was like fort knox trying to get into our cupboards.

Saying that when he got to about 2 he sussed out how to open the locks so bleaches and other things all got stored in a wall cupboard.

I think the problem with these 'liquitabs' is that they probably look and feel really interesting to a tot. I've stood there in the past gently squeezing one thinking 'that's nice', it was rather theraputic too :oops: Good job it didn't bust and squirt in my eye :shock:

I think the problem with these 'liquitabs' is that they probably look and feel really interesting to a tot. I've stood there in the past gently squeezing one thinking 'that's nice', it was rather theraputic too :oops: Good job it didn't bust and squirt in my eye :shock:

That is precisely why they should be kept out of the reach of little hands.

Visions now of Dizzy sat at her puter squeezing a liquitab to release her stress while doing her admining on here. :huh::lol::lol::lol:

I really dont understand how either of you could entertain the idea of giving little kids electric shocks or find it an amusing thought! I'm so disgusted!

Are you really disgusted Cleo ? :lol::lol: You suprise me there as you usually have a good sense of humour :P

Obs did suggest LOW VOLTAGE. Aaagh I've got the giggle again now :lol:

Apart from which you can buy toys in shops that give kids (and Adults) shocks so it's not like we were talking about completely stunning them :lol:

Would those special collars you can get for training dogs be any better? Some are automatic, some you have a remote that you press, some spray, some suddenly vibrate and I think some give a tiny little shock when doggie barks or is misbehaving.

All harmless but could do the trick.

We're not alowed to smack 'em nowadays Cleo! :D

It's other people's kids you are not allowed to smack. Personlly I would love to thrash some of the cheeky little beggars, especially the ones I saw hitting a tethered donkey around it's head and face with sticks but the more I shouted at them the more they did it. I really don't know how I resisted grabbing one of them and taking his stick off him to use to thrash his little rr's till he couldn't sit down. :angry:

From the sounds of it you would have happily given them a shock with a over powered tazar Cleo.... and they would have completely deserved it.

I don't think I could have just shouted at them and watched them do it even more though. Shame the poor donkey wasn't able to turn and kick him/them as hard as it could hard in their nuts :evil:

Evil sods !!!!!

If you see them again please squirt a liquitab at them from me :oops:

So it it ok under sharia law to beat any beast(including donkeys) on other parts of their bodies :shock:

Well judging by the way some tradesmen treat their donkeys I would hesitate to say no and I would say that if the RSPCA was to set up in Egypt it would find itself so grossly overwhelmed by the vast numbers of underfed and overworked animals and I did manage to land a kick square in the belly of the mongrel street cat that keeps coming into the house and terrorising my aristocat babies.

Well judging by the way some tradesmen treat their donkeys I would hesitate to say no and I would say that if the RSPCA was to set up in Egypt it would find itself so grossly overwhelmed by the vast numbers of underfed and overworked animals and I did manage to land a kick square in the belly of the mongrel street cat that keeps coming into the house and terrorising my aristocat babies.

Florence my little flower of the desert you really should control your temper, anyway you should never, never, never kick a cat in it's belly you should always boot em' up the rrr's (as you so eloquently put it) as they go further. :wink::D :grin: :D