Radio Warrington on FM

kevofaz25

We are pleased to tell you that your online community radio station has been given a temporary FM license to broadcast on the radio. Radio Warrington will be broadcasting on 87.8 FM from 7th to the 15th July and during that time we will be covering many community events such as

Warrington Transport Day at the Warrington Market – Sat 7th July @12 Noon

Rugby Commentary for the Warrington Wolves on Monday 9th July from 7 pm

More outside broadcasts from the Warrington Market on Saturday 14th July

Disability Awareness Day Live from Walton Gardens 12 pm Sunday 19th July

We will be live during the day from our Studio inside the Warrington market.

Thanks for supporting us at radio Warrington online, spread the word and listen to us for 9 days on your radio,in your car, at home or in the work place as “87.8 Radio Warrington”

Sponsorship of programmes is now available- contact the studio on 01925 812291 or e-mail via www.radiowarrington.co.uk

follow us on Twitter @radiowazz

I think that should say Sunday 15th of July for Disability Awareness Day Mr Bollin Morris (private joke!):oops::wink:

warrington-worldwide will be supporting this community venture - and the rock god may even come out of retirement :unsure::twisted:

Great to hear that Radio Warrington is getting an FM slot at long last but a shame that it's only temporary. Any chance that it could become a permanent local FM station ?

I have a mind like a sieve at the moment so can you please post a reminder on here about 87.8 FM the day before it goes live so I don't forget to tune in and enjoy :oops:

PS BAZ... I'm sure the 'unfortunate' you mention is more than cabable of installing a more than suitable internet cable connection :wink::D

Great to hear that Radio Warrington is getting an FM slot at long last but a shame that it's only temporary. Any chance that it could become a permanent local FM station ?

I have a mind like a sieve at the moment so can you please post a reminder on here about 87.8 FM the day before it goes live so I don't forget to tune in and enjoy :oops:

PS BAZ... I'm sure the 'unfortunate' you mention is more than cabable of installing a more than suitable internet cable connection :wink::D

Applications being invited for full-time licence next year- The regulator at Ofcom has indicated already that applications for FM in the North West will not be considered in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside but AM may be. Ofcom see the operation of a temporary licence as an indication of the ability of the group to operate a radio station- not that withstanding Radio Warrington has been on-air for 5 years.

It will be interesting to see any reaction from Wire FM who claim to be local despite broadcasting from Orrell for many years now.

We are pleased to tell you that your online community radio station has been given a temporary FM license to broadcast on the radio.

Why only a temporary licence? If Halton can have its own FM Community Radio Station, then surely Warrington should.