Memorial Plaque to Alderman Arthur Bennett?

Tracey Bennett

Does anyone know of a memorial plaque in existence somewhere to Alderman Arthur Bennett? About 6 months ago I found a transcription of one on-line but now can't find it again! I think the website said it was around the Academy somewhere but I could have got that wrong.

Can anyone shed any light?

Does anyone know of a memorial plaque in existence somewhere to Alderman Arthur Bennett? About 6 months ago I found a transcription of one on-line but now can't find it again! I think the website said it was around the Academy somewhere but I could have got that wrong.

Can anyone shed any light?

:unsure: Have you got a light boy? Have you got a light? :lol:

• Downvote 1

Great links Evils and Wolfie and really interesting :D

As I've mentioned before according to my mums pencil notes in one of her books the Alderman Althur Bennett was my grandad's cousin (but unlike Tracey I've STILL not managed to link him in to my family tree from census record, but mum must have know or she wouldn;t have written it in her book).......so I found the link from you Wolfie even more interesting as it mentioned him having a leg problem and also him acquiring his own business and premises in Market Street, Warrington in 1888 which later became a partnership with his cousin. I wonder which cousin that was or what the name of the business (that still stood at the time of writing) was ?

Any ideas Tracey ?

Actually....... I seem to remember that in mums notebook of family memories she also wrote about often visiting some relative who lived in the old Academy when she was young..... I wonder if that was Arthur ?

I'll get the note book out and have another read incase I missed something.

Not that it helps with the plaque of course.

If I go into Warrington next week I'll take my camera and see if I can see the one on the Academy Building (which now houses the Warrington Guardian Offices) although as it was virtually rebuilt after they moved the original building back to widen the road it it might not be on the outside now. :blink:

Dizzy - remind me of the surname you need to be connected to Arthur. I'll have a dig around.

When I got married we had a party after the ceremony for relatives up north at Paddington House (I wouldn't recommend it!) which used to be Arthur's house but at the time I didn't know we were related.