2. Odds & Sods. (FINAL BATCH).

algy

Many of these photograph’s may be available

from the Warrington Museum/Library and will

be of far superior quality to those viewed here.

Anyone having any issue with the displaying

of these photographs due to copyright or

ownership infringement please contact me either by PM.

or through the Moderators and I shall

remove them immediately.

Lumb Brook, Appleton.

Lumbbrookappleton.jpg

1902, Open top tram passing down Bridge Street.

OpentoptraminBridgestreetc1902.jpg

1921. A Class photo at St. Thomas's School, Stockton Heath.

StThomass1921.jpg

1950. Stockton Heath.

StocktonHeathTownCenterc1950.jpg

Daresbury Smithy about 1890. (Where I served my apprenticeship 1955 - 1961).

SmithySchoolHouse.jpg

And That's Yer' Lot Folks.

A total of 760 Photos of the Warrington Area.

A whopping great big THANK YOU from me too Algy. :D

Without doubt this has been the best part of the forum for ages and the one I've looked forward to reading every day (eek I might have just got myself banned for saying that as I'm probably supposed to 'enjoy' it all :lol: )

I've loved every single one of your topics, photo's and posts and I've learnt an awful lot thanks to you.

Just a little sad that lately I have not had time to comment more (ok so maybe you are glad of that) and to add a few more pics I have that may have been revelvat... or maybe not :oops::lol:

Cheers Algy

PS Don't remove them all yet as I'm still trying to enjoy them all fully as will my dad be when he gets his pc back. He's got 2 weeks of catching up to do and he's soooo frustrated :lol:

I'm so pleased that you have all enjoyed the photos, my problem now is that I'm still going to wake up at around 0530hrs each morning with nothing to do as I it took me roughly an hour to upload them, sort titles, do a bit of research where required and hope to god I had got it as accurate as I could and hadn't made a 'plonker' of myself. I shall leave the photos on until the beginning of August, that gives everyone two months to download what they wish, then I shall start cleaning up my photobucket account, starting in alphabetical order ie. Appleton and working through to Winmarleigh Street.

Later this year I may do a series on the building of the Manchester Ship canal, in the meantime I can concentrate on my fishing!.

Dizz,thanks for your interest and your valued contribution over the months, you have stimulated electronic conversation with your comments and quips, otherwise the session could have been just a boring series of meaningless pictures, in fact thanks to all of you that have participated, I have really enjoyed all of your comments.

Don't forget folks, they are not my photos, I have only presented them, at times I have wondered whether I was doing the correct thing in showing them publicly, however early on I made the decision that it is the right of the people of Warrington, both those that live here now and those that have left to live elsewhere, to see the town as our ancestors saw it. Although we tend to moan about the Museum and Library, let's face it if they had not release publications of the images over the years we could not have seen them today, so many thanks to them also.

Bloody Hell! shut up algy it's beginning to sound like a BAFTA acceptance speech. :oops:

:lol::lol: and a very good speech at that Algy :wink:

I never thought of downloading them and how I wish I'd started doing that at the beginning. Blimey it would take me forever to do them all individually now and to write down all your fantastic info about them.

Ah ha..... if you are fidgety now you have nothing but fishing to do you could do it for me :wink::D

PS my dads just renewed his Warr Anglers licence as his neighbour said Ackers Pit is lovely for fishing now. Think he said the carp are upto 6lb so not a bad size and plently of other fish in there too. :wink:

If you every go look out for a man fishing with lunceon meat ... that will be my dad 8) ....and if he's adventurous he sometimes takes sweetcorn and bread too. Better still look for someone who looks very stressed or just listen out for him shouting STRIKE in a menacing way at the top of his voice if he happens to be fishing with his grandsons and he spots their floats wobbling (ones 18 and one's 21) They tend not to go with him very often now :lol::lol:

Anyway back to photo's.... you can start another topic about your fishing and it might entice Wingnut back on here :wink:

A whopping great big THANK YOU from me too Algy. :D

Without doubt this has been the best part of the forum for ages and the one I've looked forward to reading every day (eek I might have just got myself banned for saying that as I'm probably supposed to 'enjoy' it all :lol: )

I've loved every single one of your topics, photo's and posts and I've learnt an awful lot thanks to you.

Just a little sad that lately I have not had time to comment more (ok so maybe you are glad of that) and to add a few more pics I have that may have been revelvat... or maybe not :oops::lol:

Cheers Algy

PS Don't remove them all yet as I'm still trying to enjoy them all fully as will my dad be when he gets his pc back. He's got 2 weeks of catching up to do and he's soooo frustrated :lol:

Totally agree with Dizzy, I've looked forward to checking for photos every day. As you know you've made a significant contribution to my family tree!

Looking forward to the pictures of the MSC. The ones in Morrison's cafe (are they still there?) always fascinated me.

It's hard to relate to the hardships of that era, but amazing how they achieved what they did without today's technology.

Looking forward to the pictures of the MSC. The ones in Morrison's cafe (are they still there?) always fascinated me.

It's hard to relate to the hardships of that era, but amazing how they achieved what they did without today's technology.

I shall post them Peter but I really need a break as it's quite time consuming, it's not so much posting as adding the correct title.

You deserve a break Algy (errrm.....hang on a minute haven't you just had a week off cos of your holiday :P:lol::wink: )

Only kidding as you have put so much time and effort into all your other posts that you are forgiven and the wait for the next batch will give us something to look forward to :wink:

I would like to add my thanks, algy. As an incomer to the area (only arrived here in 1974) I am fascinated by any information on its past. I used to collect information on he history of Wallasey and Birkenhead, but never acieved as much as you have here. Once again, thank you.

I would like to add my thanks, algy. As an incomer to the area (only arrived here in 1974) I am fascinated by any information on its past. I used to collect information on he history of Wallasey and Birkenhead, but never acieved as much as you have here. Once again, thank you.

Your welcome Dave!