Euro Zone?

observer

Kije.... it was hardly a resounding vote in favour when the pro Euro lot got about 1.5% more of the vote than the ultra left wing and anti austerity party (who previously were lucky to get double figures in percentage terms....)

I stand my my assumptions that the Euro will eventually collapse because Greece will try and end the austerity clause in their bailout agreement and Adolf Merkel will throw the mauser out of the pram....

And United did win the title.... 19 times at last count! :D

But Mistic Baz , you said 4 days, Greece should never have been aloud in, but the ero countries turned a blind eye, now they will have to pay. The euro is to big to fail, one way or another it will continue. I cannot believe you all want it to fail, with all the implications for the British economy.

So you think that an organisation that "turns a blind eye " as you put it should be allowed to run the finances of so many countries? Do you not think that by "turning a blind eye" they have deemed themselves Not Fit For Purpose? or are you so set in your pro_euro trench that you think they can do no wrong???

My god man, take off your blinkers and see that northern European heavy industrial based economies can never ever be expected to share the same currency as southern European tourist based economies.... it was doomed to failure from day one and Greece getting in by the back door as you suggest is hardly the worst thing that has happened!

Perhaps the major economies want the Euro to succeed, but apparently it can't in its present form. At the moment the attempts to save the Euro are like trying to repair a bridge between tectonic plates which are inexorably moving apart. <_< <_<

Seems the Greeks blinked first, probably didn't fancy taking their Drachmas home in a hand cart. Ironically, the same set of politicians who lied their way into the Euro in the first place have been elected to oversee the punishing austerity. However, can't see the Euro zone being allowed to fail, and one of the consequences will be even more political union and loss of individual State sovereignty. :roll: