Euro Zone?

observer

Looking like it's going to have to be the Fourth Reich then! :wink:

Angela-Merkel-300x224.jpgNEW%2BGermany.jpg

Margaret Thatcher;

" You have not anchored Germany to a unified Europe...You have anchored Europe to a newly unified and dominant Germany! In the end my friends, you will find it will not work."

It seems I've missed most of this "discussion". I have to agree with Cleo and state here and now that I am English - in fact, my family traces back to before that Norman lot came into "our country"! However, on further inspection, my surname is actually saxon, so "we" are also invaders....How far do we go back?

Very few families around now can positively state that their names have remained unchanged throughout the centuries, so what if they are now the Mountbatten-Windsors? Bringing up old family histories could open up a huge can o' worms for most of us, I'm sure.

As an aside, I currently have three haggises (haggae??) in my fridge as I love them.

Ok, observer, let me educate you. There is more to a haggis than just oats. A haggis is made from the offal of the sheep. Windpipe, lungs and heart and liver which have been boiled then minced. Then it's mixed with beef suet and a little lightly toasted oats. That is all stuffed into the sheeps stomach then further cooked by boiling or roasting. <_<

Ok, observer, let me educate you. There is more to a haggis than just oats. A haggis is made from the offal of the sheep. Windpipe, lungs and heart and liver which have been boiled then minced. Then it's mixed with beef suet and a little lightly toasted oats. That is all stuffed into the sheeps stomach then further cooked by boiling or roasting. <_<

So it's not the taste then? :wink:

Well you may not think so but many others do and, lets face it, haggis has been a popular dish for many centuries so it can't be all that bad. :D

A friend of mine , learning about the Scottish culture, once asked me for my idea of the perfect Scottish breakfast.

"A bottle of whisky, a haggis and a collie dog" I replied

"Why the collie?" he said

"To eat the haggis..." :wink: