3. Thelwall.

algy

Many of these photograph’s may be available

from the Warrington Museum/Library and will

be of far superior quality to those viewed here.

Anyone having any issue with the displaying

of these photographs due to copyright or

ownership infringement please contact me either by PM.

or through the Moderators and I shall

remove them immediately.

CuerdenHall also known as Oyster Hall, home of the Naylor family, Warrington timber merchants.

ThelwallCuerdonHallOystershellhall-Rear.jpg

Cuerden Hall.

ThelwallCuerdenHallalsoknownasOysterHallhomeoftheNaylorfamilyWarringtontimbermerchants1900s.jpg

Cuerden Hall Oyster Shell Hall, the front of the house.

ThelwallCuerdonHallOystershellHall-Front.jpg

The rear of the hall showing the shells adorning the gardens.

CuerdonHallWeasteLane.jpg

Knight's Cottage, Waste (Weaste) Lane.

ThelwallKnightsCottageWasteWeasteLane.jpg

As a matter of interest, Algy, and with reference to your note in red, copyright on photographs lasts for 70 years after the photographer's death, after which they become public domain. I rather suspect that the photographers of your pictures are long gone and surely over 70 years ago so they are not going to complain. :wink::D:lol:

As a matter of interest, Algy, and with reference to your note in red, copyright on photographs lasts for 70 years after the photographer's death, after which they become public domain. I rather suspect that the photographers of your pictures are long gone and surely over 70 years ago so they are not going to complain. :wink::D:lol:

Cleo, it's as much the 'ownership' infringement that concerns me, I really would not wish to offend anyone if they'd had previous ownership of the images and no longer wished to have them displayed on the internet, eg. May's relatives whoever they are.:unsure:

Demolished in the 1950's, don't know why.

Outlived it's usefulness, the family no longer required it and the house had become run down and neglected to the point where it was not saleable, so it was pulled down and the land sold for development.