Teenage pregnancies

wolfie

Illegal or not, the kids do it. Why? Because some call-em-what-you-may advocated sex education for schoolchildren instead of allowing them to have a childhood. I myself would call them perverts who get some sort of kick from talking to kids about sex.

Tell the kids about sex and a pound to a pinch of sh1t they will want to try it for real. So they do. And some have been getting pregnant. To avoid underaged pregnancy, the pill available to underaged girls. :huh::unsure::x

• Upvote 1

Well it would seem that sexually active teenagers would be less likely to get pregnant when on the pill, but also that it would encourage them to start having sex in the first place, so until we start enforcing the law and take the babies and teenage mothers into care and if the father is over 16 lock him up for breaking the law then there is no answer. :roll:

Cleo. many of these girls are brought up in a matriarchical "family", with half brothers and sisters and visiting step-dads; so no surprise they continue the family tradition, whether they're "kids" or not. However, I do agree that some parents and indeed society, have allowed the sexualisation of children, thus preventing them having a childhood. :wink:

I fully agree that very few actually manage to have a childhood now but, in my experience, there are many who think all they need to do is to have a baby to get their own house and benefits to allow them to move out of home. When they find that some of their friends have not gone down that road and have stayed at school, they are jealous and have more babies to increase their benefits so they can afford to go to the pub.

Before I get abusive comments about being blinkered, I ran a pub for a few years and saw this first hand. I also spent twenty years of my life as a teacher and witnessed this developing, but couldn't get others to see it.

I fully agree that very few actually manage to have a childhood now but, in my experience, there are many who think all they need to do is to have a baby to get their own house and benefits to allow them to move out of home. When they find that some of their friends have not gone down that road and have stayed at school, they are jealous and have more babies to increase their benefits so they can afford to go to the pub.

Before I get abusive comments about being blinkered, I ran a pub for a few years and saw this first hand. I also spent twenty years of my life as a teacher and witnessed this developing, but couldn't get others to see it.

EXACTLY!!!!.

And this has been going on for years and nothing done about it.

Up until 3years ago I volunteered for the CAB, I was their for 12 years, I worked in Manchester, Leigh and then Wigan. Lot of girls and Poles came in thinking they had a right to housing. I think they must have read the same papers as you, the very desperate and genuine ones ended up in bedsits in the private sector. The councils just do not have the housing to put them in, there just is not the housing to put them in. When I left the situation was getting worse as private rented accommodation was going up in price as many working people could not afford a deposit on a house so were renting, driving the price up. The situation was worse in Manchester as many people gravitate to cities.

I am Obs, how many councils actually hold up to their statutory duties, their are lots of girls that try it on and say they are homeless a couple of days in a squallied bedsits miles from their friends soon sorts them out. To be fair their are some genuine cases, they are greatful for the bedsits. As a personal vue I used to think about 80% of the single mothers used to end back up with their parents as they could not stand to be moved away from their friends and family.

Ihaving a baby does not get you your own council house. It is a myth.

Sorry to disagree.

I know of several cases where this has happened. Not necessarily a 3 bed house, but a flat, and they get all the benefits to go with it.

As far as private goes,, you chose the property and then got the council to pay the rent plus the other perks.

There was one girl who continually got pregnant by different blokes to make sure that she reaped the benefits.

The norm in Warrington with any benefit claims, was to refuse the 1st time but if you went back you were in the system.

The hardest job is the council housing waiting list. It didn't matter how many years you had been waiting, others could come along and leapfrog to the top of the list provided they knew which boxes to tick and claim.

The system works on need Peter, if you can live with your parents, your need is low, I can not speak for Warrington, but in Wigan they used to deliberately put single mothers on the otherside of the town to their parents and friends not many lasted out,. And not that many actually got onto the list in the first place..

As you say Peter you know several cases where they have got houses, but you need to know how many failed to get houses, their will always be genuine cases, It was not my job to sift. But we had loads of people that did make it come back in because they had been housed miles away from friends and family. And if you turn down a house it knocks you down the list.

Not really the point how many get kicked back. They all should unless there are exceptional circumstances. The "myth" as you call it, did happen and girls did actually make a point of getting pregnant because one of their mates had, and then got rewarded with somewhere to live and all the "money"/benefits they needed to keep them in ciggies and drink.

Years ago, that was a stigma. Now it is actively encouraged, as the opposite doesn't happen.

And teaching kids the facts of life who still have the cradle marks on their back is NOT the answer.

How do you know their we're not exceptional circumstances Peter, you are judging on what you see, not on the facts. Councils have to take these into account, Is there a history of violence in the house or a drug problem ect, without knowing all these and what criteria has been used its easy. But you do not. It is easy to criticise when you do not have all the facts, you can make your own up to fill in the gaps.