Teenage pregnancies

wolfie

Fiction Peter, are you saying it did not happen, didn't the pill come out in the 60's, Girls were still going in homes and hospitals in the early 60's.

Read that in the Daily Mail? or did you live in the 60's?

The difference then and now, is that the pill, the morning after pill is readily available and they STILL get pregnant. In the 60's you had to have your parents permission to go on the pill. Why do you think backstreet abortions were so popular?

No I didn't Peter, As I have said before I used to work at Prestwich hospital, where they had a whole ward full of women who had become Institutionalized. And in the good old days which again you seem to want to go back to we're far from perfect. When you cost out how much it costs to give a single parent a house, you should compare it against how much it costs to keep someone in hospital most of their entire life, granted they were out of sight, but I think you will agree it was no solution. All you can say about the past on this,is the problem was not visible. But their was still a problem!!!

The fact that their were back door abortions Peter, kind of proves my point. :wink: Their have been kids born out of wedlock as long as their have been people.

Then as now, their are no easy solutions to this problem, A problem that has been around a very long time.!!!

Then as now, their are no easy solutions to this problem, A problem that has been around a very long time.!!!

But "now" they can have their cake and eat it, with the choices available. So unless it is a case of rape, there is NO excuse.