Great to be Back

Wirewire

It was great to be back at the HJ watching us carry on where we left off last year - great expansive exciting rugby league with some great tries scored.

Shame that London slowed the play the ball - I just hope that this isn't going to be the pattern this year with clubs trying to do what Pies & Hudds do week in week out - let's hope the refs will be strong this season at the play the ball area.

Was a good game. I thought the first London try as a bit soft and a few silly knock-ons. Mainly Carvell who also seems to mess up the play the ball often too. But he put in some solid runs.

It was also good seeing the two new corners open and filled with fans. It gave that end of the stadium a good finish. Locked in the atmosphere and it was better than seeing cars go past. :P

It would be good to get the other two corners done and that will make a cracking atmosphere.

A real test this weekend against Huddersfeild. We have had two games now to blow away the cobwebs and we need to put our "bogey" team to bed. They have already beat Wigan so they are flying high. Looking forward to watching on Sky.

First *50* of the season chalked up...The Atmosphere was a bit flat due to the almost non-existence of opposition supporters...just see the difference when we get Widnes back for the first time in a long time packing out the west stand...Just as I suspected the stadium takes on a lop-sided appearance with only two of the corners filled in. I was pleasantly surprised with the game Stefan Ratchford played...His positioning and fielding the high ball was immaculate. Him and Evans between them made a try from just a few inches from their own line which was worth the cost of admission on it's own...Didn't see enough of Trent Waterhouse to make a judgement...he's got all the attributes though..he's very BIG and should become more influential the more games he plays...All in all a competent display from the CHAMPIONS...Not *minor league premiership winners*...THE CHAMPIONS.

First *50* of the season chalked up...The Atmosphere was a bit flat due to the almost non-existence of opposition supporters...just see the difference when we get Widnes back for the first time in a long time packing out the west stand...Just as I suspected the stadium takes on a lop-sided appearance with only two of the corners filled in. I was pleasantly surprised with the game Stefan Ratchford played...His positioning and fielding the high ball was immaculate. Him and Evans between them made a try from just a few inches from their own line which was worth the cost of admission on it's own...Didn't see enough of Trent Waterhouse to make a judgement...he's got all the attributes though..he's very BIG and should become more influential the more games he plays...All in all a competent display from the CHAMPIONS...Not *minor league premiership winners*...THE CHAMPIONS.

Enjoyed the game..but.....it is one of the games that if I wasn't a season ticket holder I may consider a possible game to skip .... that said though I thought Evans and Ratchford were a delight to watch and worth the admission money alone, and as Safe's says when Widnes/Saints/Wigan etc turn up the new stadium layout will really makes for a cracking atmosphere.

Even if the mighty Wire manage to get to the so called Grand Final I won't be going, simply because it's a pimped competition for the benefit of Sky TV. Another occasion I've always given a miss is the *Magic Weekend* Again, pimped by Superleague to Sky. Imagine the cost savings to Sky of being able to stage six matches without having the inconvenience of moving their equipment one inch. Anybody who wishes to watch 6 or even 3 matches one after the other must have something lacking in their lives. Not for me thank you.