Spitting

harry hayes

Enfield? council are having a purge on spitting in public spaces. This will not apparently apply to football teams.

Spitting by football players seems to me to be a modern thing - don't recollect Bobby Charlton doing it. I didn't when I played - wasn't anything like as good as most modern players, but I got just as exhausted . I noticed one very famous player spitting as the players came out - and holding the hand of a little one at the same time.,

On a slightly different theme - has anyone ever seen a footballer carrying a hanky?

Happy days

And just how many holes are there in a football net.

And just how many holes are there in a football net.

best average answer is around 3,427 but it does depend on the particular grounds keeper as there are no regulations for them.

has anyone ever seen a footballer carrying a hanky?

Only when posing for publicity pictures,speaking to the press or appearing in court :wink:

Spitting is disgusting and should be banned Harry.

Re: the footy well sadly my other half always seem to matches on the tv and it really turns my stomach everytime I see the players spitting (either through their mouths or their noses) and it seems the norm. :evil:

I've noticed it in a few rugby matches too although not as much as in footy thankfully but I'd walk off any pitch if I thought I was going to have to slide, head a ball, takcle or touch a player, be tackled by another, or even be in in contact with any of those things if they had been in contact with someone elses 'snot' and 'gob' (sorry) :oops:

Surely there must be some health implications in having to be subjected to that.:evil:

I even saw one of the players do it in the tennis final the other week.

There is just no need for it and it's disgusting but I guess it would be hard for them to pull a tissue out of their shorts but they could try or maybe just swallow it. <oooh.. suddenly feeling queezy there>

People who do it on the street have no excuse whatsoever and should be tasered in their tender parts....simples