What's all the fuss about?

observer

One of the few brilliant progs that have appeared on TV for yonks - "the Frozen Planet" - has been criticised for filming the birth of a polar bear in a zoo, rather than in it's natural habitat. Just who are these morons and what difference does it make, the birth of polar bear is the same wherever it occurs, surely? The dangers that these cameramen go to, to bring back awesome pictures of what remains of the natural world, is clearly enough, without the lunacy of entering a wild polar bear's den. :shock:

I agree with you here, obs, this info was clearly available on the programme website, it's not as if it was "discovered" by some fearless iconoclastic journalist.

I'm sure the climate change deniers will seize on this to undermine the messages given in the final episode though (not made available to US and viewers in other countries).

Me too... this day is clearly one to go down in forum history :D

I haven't seen the Frozen Planet programme although it was something I really wanted to watch. Must remember to see if they are available on catchup tv.

Thanks for the reminder Obs and like you say those who are criticising and moaning are indeed morons and maybe their time would be better spent worrying and moaning about something a little more important.

It's starting to frustrate me now... what does 'YO' mean :unsure: D

As for the BBC licence fee... what a rip off... we have to pay it even though we pay again for our cable TV service and don't even have a tv aerial.

Why can we opt out of the BBC channels and how come you get them for free Cleo and we have to pay regardless of whether we want them ?

How fair is that :shock:

Oops amd I taking it off topic now. Sorry :oops:

Obs you say that the license fee is worth every penny due to the "the time, effort and danger that the camera teams went to ".... but surely some of the other camera crews from other channels could do the same or are they not paid as much ?

Forgot to mention that you can buy the series on DVD as I saw it in tesco today.

If anyone wants to club together to buy me a pressy I'd like that please :lol:

I thought not :P

Suddenly gone awful quiet on hear Dizz. :D :grin:

I'm hoping one of my lot buy me the complete series of "Open All Hours", Yeah!!, don't think so. :roll: