Turn WW spellcheck on/off?

algy

Dizz, somehow I have lost spell check from WW could you please inform me how to reactivate it please, had a look at my settings and profile and can't see any options. :blink:

Didn't know we had one - best type up in word and then cut and paste if you don't trust your typing :blink:

Ooohh now you are asking Algy as I didn't know there was an option for that (I guess you can tell ha ha) I'll have a look.

There is one in full editor mode though if that is what you mean (ie in this box as I am typing there is a little ABC with a blue tick at the top right) although that has never worked for me as if I click it it says "Message from Webpage...ie spell was not detected - Click ok to go to the download page"

I tend not to download things incase they bugger my pc up but just for you I clicked it but my pc security wont allow it anyway :roll::unsure:

Ooohh now you are asking Algy as I didn't know there was an option for that (I guess you can tell ha ha) I'll have a look.

There is one in full editor mode though if that is what you mean (ie in this box as I am typing there is a little ABC with a blue tick at the top right) although that has never worked for me as if I click it it says "Message from Webpage...ie spell was not detected - Click ok to go to the download page"

I tend not to download things incase they bugger my pc up but just for you I clicked it but my pc security wont allow it anyway :roll::unsure:

Thanks Dizz.

Algy... I just looked, couldn't find it so googled the IP Board Spell Check and as such it has just occurred to me that the error message I get says "ie spell" is "internet explorer spell" so it's my browser that wont allow me to spell check not the forum icon as such. Durh !

I seem to remember you saying you use Safari so check your browser settings to see if you can turn it on/off in there.

Something about Safari said to click in a text field then on the menu bar, go to Edit / Spelling and Grammar / Check Spelling While Typing.

No idea if that might work though as I don't use Safari :oops:

Algy... I just looked, couldn't find it so googled the IP Board Spell Check and as such it has just occurred to me that the error message I get says "ie spell" is "internet explorer spell" so it's my browser that wont allow me to spell check not the forum icon as such. Durh !

I seem to remember you saying you use Safari so check your browser settings to see if you can turn it on/off in there.

Something about Safari said to click in a text field then on the menu bar, go to Edit / Spelling and Grammar / Check Spelling While Typing.

No idea if that might work though as I don't use Safari :oops:

Dizz, I don't have Safari either so Googled the problem and it turns out because I have updated Firefox the new upgrade does not come with an English dictionary (or any dictionary for that matter) you have to download and install it which I have done and all now works correctly, thanks for your help Dizz. :D

My spell checker is my eyes. Read each sentence after you have typed it. Simples.

Peter, if I didn't use 'spell checker', you would have to use an on line translator (typical example I had just typed 'translater' and it red lined the word) to make sense of what I have typed. :roll: